ControlFlash

icehube

I have a question that has me stumped. I was looking to flash a couple of 1756-ENBT/A modules to version 6.1. I didn't see them in my list when I brought up controlflash so I downloaded it and used the EDS Hardware installation tool to install. It still isn't in the list? What am I doing wrong. I went into rslogix5000 and changed the directory under custom tools to the EDS directory and no luck. Am I missing a step? I am using logix version 20.01 and linx version 3.51 Thanks guys

[...] I downloaded it and used the EDS Hardware installation tool to install.

Exactly what did you download ? The EDS file for the 1756-ENBT is used to identify it to RSLinx Classic, but is not related to its presence in the ControlFlash firmware list.

ControlLogix firmware is always "kitted" with a copy of ControlFlash with a Microsoft Installer. You install ControlFlash, and in the process it places a copy of the firmware that was "kitted" with ControlFlash into the ControlFlash firmware directories, and makes ControlFlash aware that it's available.

There is no easy way to directly download firmware and tell ControlFlash it's available.

So to load firmware for the 1756-ENBT, you need to download a copy of that firmware kitted with ControlFlash, and install that. There are often also bundles that include several CPU and communication module firmware files.

Oh ok, I wasn't aware of that. I will try and go online and look for that. Seems simple enough. That again for the help ken.