Raspberry PI & Snap7

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

I am just starting out with playing with the Raspberry PI and the Snap7 libraries. I was hoping there are more users here that would like to collaborate and share their findings.

I have not gotten any further than running the supplied programs, but I like what I see so far.

I have two main goals:

1. Make a cheap interface for the client to connect to remotely and visualize, control variables.
2. Log data to excel.

Thank you, I know you can run CodeSYS on the PI, but I was specifically asking for people having experience with Snap7.

I did not know about Snap 7 - I 've downloaded it and now I have something to play with next week while stuck out of town. (Thanks!).
Do you have any particular application in mind ?

A specific thing I am wanting to do is log values from a small movable boiler installation and from that information calculate efficiency.

I think it would be rather simple to log these values directly into excel and automatically send these sheets by email or make them available on a ftp server.

Help

If you need any help with that, I'm am busy with such things, logging PLC data in csv files with dotNet.

A specific thing I am wanting to do is log values from a small movable boiler installation and from that information calculate efficiency.

I think it would be rather simple to log these values directly into excel and automatically send these sheets by email or make them available on a ftp server.

Thanks! I haven't had much time to play around to much, but please do share :)

:)

I'm busy with a website where I will put screenshots of all the applications that I've made in dotNet. Logging to csv is one of them. Gimme 1 more week and I'll put it online.

Regards,
C

Last edited:
Application

I've written an application with libnodave that logs a variable with timestamp in a datagrid and that can be exported into csv.

What you need is logging directly rows in a csv file, right ?

Yeah that sound great!

Take your time, I have not been in a rush myself so I am not trying to rush you :)

:)

This is a screenshot of the tag logger that can be exported to csv:

http://www.automationsoftware.be/variablelogger.html

Logging directly to csv with appending in the csv is something I will finish this week. I will do this also with a trigger bit, every time I see rising edge I will append in the csv.

Regards,
C

Yeah that sound great!

Take your time, I have not been in a rush myself so I am not trying to rush you :)

I haven't done much with it but I have played with a few projects using Snap7. Doing some basic pulling of data from 300 and 1500 series PLCs. It worked great (keep in mind I am not a computer programmer just a tinkerer :)

Anyways I would gladly help if there is anything I can do.

Libnodave

Hello,

I did not use Snap7 for my projects, I use Libnodave.

You have any ideas for projects ?

Projects that I'm working @:
- Batch execution
- Calendar triggering

Kind regards,
Combo

I haven't done much with it but I have played with a few projects using Snap7. Doing some basic pulling of data from 300 and 1500 series PLCs. It worked great (keep in mind I am not a computer programmer just a tinkerer :)

Anyways I would gladly help if there is anything I can do.

Automatically sending out emails on certain triggers (analog and digital)?
Receiving SP with email/text?

Looking promising so far! Thanks for sharing