Changing Peripheral Port mode on Omron CJ1M

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I want to use a Digi One-IAP to provide Ethernet connectivity to an Omron CJ1M. The RS232 port is connected to an HMI, but the Peripheral Port is free.

I can go on-line with it through the Peripheral Port.

In order to use the Digi One-IAP, I have to change the Peripheral Port mode to HostLink. It's currently ToolBus. Can I do this by switching the PLC to programming mode, or do i have to download a modified program to the PLC? If I change the mode while on-line, will I be able to go back on-line if something happens? I'm not 100% comfortable with Omron. I'm afraid that changing the mode to HostLink may prevent the "Auto On-line" feature in CX-Programmer from detecting the PLC.

I want to use a Digi One-IAP to provide Ethernet connectivity to an Omron CJ1M. The RS232 port is connected to an HMI, but the Peripheral Port is free.

I can go on-line with it through the Peripheral Port.

In order to use the Digi One-IAP, I have to change the Peripheral Port mode to HostLink. It's currently ToolBus. Can I do this by switching the PLC to programming mode, or do i have to download a modified program to the PLC? If I change the mode while on-line, will I be able to go back on-line if something happens? I'm not 100% comfortable with Omron. I'm afraid that changing the mode to HostLink may prevent the "Auto On-line" feature in CX-Programmer from detecting the PLC.

If you have an Offline copy of the PLC Program, you don't need Auto Online, you can go Online with the normal Method. If you need to set a Serial Port back to Default, there are DIP Switches you can set. You can find them in this Manual in Section 6.

http://www.omron247.com/doc/pdfcata...FILE/CJ_series_ProgContr_manual_en_201003.pdf

I don't use the CJ1M, but I created a project, and it Defaulted to Host Link on the Peripheral Port. I believe Toolbus and Host Link are compatible, but I am not 100% sure, as I use Ethernet and Controller Link for everything these days.

Stu....