EZ touch screen programming

Jim G.

I have an EZtouch screen hooked to an A-B SLC 5/04. I have a screen that displays 4 tanks with their respective levels. I want to be able to "tag" each tank with the date it is filled. Currently the touch screen is using the digital clock to display current date and time. I am using the external clock function which is using the real time clock in the PLC. I have programmed logic to conditonally move the clock status info into read/write files on the PLC.
If I put a clock display with each tank, it will only show the current date based on the real time clock. How can I set a window up to capture the date for each tank? Any help is appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the EZtouch but, given any HMI, I would store the snapshot in the PLC and have HMI read it. HMIs are not a good place to store data. With most HMIs, if you cycle power data is gone.

Thanks for your reply. I am storing the values in the PLC. The month, day and year are stored in respective integer files.
My dilemma is being able to use this information on the touch screen with out interfering with the touch screen clock. It receives its updates from the PLC as well, but out of different read/write locations. This is per the setup attributes of the touch screen. I guess the problem is that I can't display a "snapshot" of the date on the HMI. I trying to find a way to do this, but there just might be some limitations to what I can actually do with this particular brand of HMI. I appreciate your help.

Why can't you display the values stored in your integer files in seperate display boxes on the tanks? Leave the clock display alone.

I can. It just doesn't look very good because of the way the data is stored.
There is a status file for the day, one for the month, and one for the year.
With the HMI software I have, I would have to make a different display for each file; which would be 3 displays per tank, a total of 12 in all. I cannot format the displays to a dd-mm-yy type display.
I've got some other things I am going to try, I just wish my software was more friendly toward this type of application. Thanks.