Chassis A
Slot 0 1756-L75
Slot 1 1756-EN2TR/B (192.168.1.12)
Slot 3 1756-RM

Chassis B
Slot 0 1756-L75
Slot 1 1756-EN2TR/B (192.168.1.13)
Slot 3 1756-RM

Both chassis are identical in terms of firmware and they sync ok. The 2x 1756-EN2TR modules are connected to a single ETAP which then connects to my local switch.

Eventually I will have a controlNet module located in Slot 2, I'm just doing things step by step here.

I have a FT View SE (distributed) system connected to the same subnet (local switch), however, when I perform a redundancy switch-over, my FT View SE loses connection to the PLC system. I need it to connect to the new "Primary" automatically and quickly.

According to the 1756 redundancy user manual I need do some "IP swapping", but I don't know where or how to do this?

Has anyone got experience of maintaining the FT View connection?

Many thanks in advance.

The ordinary way to do this is to let the Redundancy Modules manage the 1756-EN2TR module IP addresses.

You initially set them to be identical (yes, this violates every rule of IP addressing) and the RM sets the Secondary to be "+1" from the Primary.

When the controllers switch roles, the IP addresses are switched as well.

Where this becomes trickier is in the Ethernet switches and in the Windows TCP/IP stack, since the ARP tables need to be refreshed with new MAC/IP assignments. This is something I don't have a lot of direct experience with.