plcs.net

Originally posted by alan_505:

The only thing that I would like to see is the title of the thread go from bold only after you have read it, not when you refresh the screen.

I like the way this works now. But that is probably because I tend to scan through anything I am interested in at one sitting. It is nice for me to be able to quickly see what is new since my last visit.

This is one reason the site should stay the way it is. Almost every element of the site will have its supporters and detractors. Every change you make will make one group happy and another group unhappy. Its the devil you know versus the devil you don't. I kind of like to deal with the devils I know.

Keith

Funny thing though, unless I missed it, I’ve not seen anybody commenting here talk about “not” being able to find information they need and/or get the help they need. Sure some are saying they’d like to see things to make it easier (sub categories for example), but in the end the site serves its purpose. People helping people by sharing information. What more do you want?

I have no complaints with the site the way it is except for one thing... add an RSS feed.

I'm active on two different PLC forums, and until recently did very little here and a lot on the other. The presence of the RSS feed was the only reason. I have a very irregular schedule, so I would simply forget to come here to look at new posts. The other forum, on the other hand, is in my feed list on my browser, and I get notified by new posts.

I've started spending a lot more time here, primarily because I used an online RSS generator to create a feed for this site. It doesn't work particularly well, but at least it reminds me to log on every now and then! I'd love to see that functionality added to this forum.

Only suggestion I would make is to provide a larger next page button so that when browsing on my phone I dont need to zoom in just to select the next page

It goes like this:

1: Someone posts their problem.
2: The problem is addressed, and invariably resolved.
3: Someone goes away happy.
4: Others have learned from the post, too.

Nothing to fix. :site:

I agree. Leave it as it is. If I get an email saying a message I am following.... I can see it from my phone.

Thanks to Phil and the moderators.
George

Leave it... I do look at it with my tablet and phone and its fine with both

Nothing against mrplc.com but I dont like the sub categories, its just too many damn clicks to see what you want to see

The search works perfect and if you cant find it then post a new one

:site:

I hate having to "dig" to find the information I'm looking for. Call me lazy...

That's THE reason I visit this site. ALL the information I need (even if I didn't know I needed it) in 1 place. I don't have to dig.

No changes needed.

I think the format is pretty standard for a forum and works for me.

I just really think the header could use some work. It looks like it was made in the 90's and hasnt changed since. Constantly flashing, pixelated text is really distracting and annoying. Also, fake Google search buttons seems petty.
I know they are trying to make money, but its not done like other forums and it detracts from the legitimacy of the forum.

I think the format is pretty standard for a forum and works for me.

I just really think the header could use some work. It looks like it was made in the 90's and hasnt changed since. Constantly flashing, pixelated text is really distracting and annoying. Also, fake Google search buttons seems petty.
I know they are trying to make money, but its not done like other forums and it detracts from the legitimacy of the forum.

The Google Search Button is not fake.
However it does only work if you have a "Paid Membership" to the Forum.

Regards,
BCS

Yes, I realize that. It's an advertisement and it looks real, but it does not work. Therefore, it is fake. I put it in the same category as a "Your computer is running slow, click here to start a scan" banner.