Modbus TCP or Ethernet/IP remote I/O options

Saffa

Hi All,

Trying to help a client who has a project that was started with Schneider STB remote I/O, but they are still waiting on the STBNIP2212 network couplers 11 months later.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative remote I/O with Modbus TCP or Ethernet/IP network couplers? That isn't 6 month lead time? They still have about 3 months before this becomes critical.

Ideally need 16 channel DI and DO, 8 channel AI (4-20mA), and 2 channel 0-20mA AO cards.

PLC is a Schneider M340 with NOC401.

I've taken a look at Weidmullers remote slice I/O which looks good. Also Wago, but stock seems limited here in NZ.

Thanks in advance!

Wago may be an option for couplers as well as I/O modules.
As far as stock goes, you are not the only one experiemcing issues.

Is issue only with STBNIP2212 IM cards and them allready have IO-card and slots for advantys.
There is several STBNIP2212 ethernet cards on ebay (US) if it helps.

Moxa IoLogik range. Only thing is, there are no LED inicators for each IO. Does Modbus TCP and Ethernet/IP as well, cheap, I can get them in 2 days in UK. AI is 4-20 ONLY (no 0-20 AI) but AO is 4-20 or 0-20, or 0-10V.

Wait, I was thinking of Automation direct productivity analogue cards. The moxa (E1240) does do 0-20AI, if you needed it.

Take a look at Beckhoff line of bus couplers. They have what you need but of course you would need to get in touch with your local Beckhoff sales for lead times. The I/O you listed is common and should be readily in stock. If not, there's plenty on Ebay. Also, if using a BK series coupler, I believe you'll have to use the KL series I/O, not any of the EL series. Verify that with your Beckhoff sales.

Omron have an office in NZ - give them a call. Ethernet IP I/O and reasonably priced as well. I use them all the time.

Thanks guys, appreciate the suggestions. Just waiting for Client to confirm they want to start looking for other options. I am not sure if they will be keen on the E-bay option but i might suggest it anyway, since they do have all the rest of the I/O it seems a shame to start again. Although the way things are going it might be better for them to keep them for spares for the rest of their installations, as their spares holding isn't that great.