1769-L33ERMS CIP Issue

chawkey

Hello,

I am commissioning a 1769-L33ERMS compact guard logix 5370 safety controller and am running into an issue with the safety ethernet devices.

I have 4 kinetix servos 2198-HXX-ERS2, an armorblock 1732ES and area scanner. I'm not very well-versed in cip safey and SNN and what-not. But what I am experiencing is that when the plc is in program mode, I can communicate with and read values from the safety devices, but as soon as I switch to run mode in the plc, the safety devices fault and timeout. A repeated faulted > connecting > running > faulted pattern.
The PLC does have time-synchronization enabled and is the master.

I'm at a loss for what to look for next, any thoughts?

Edit: Code 16#0203 - Connection timed out, error on the modules

Thank you!

Last edited:
Update: The safety task was executing at a rate too fast for the system to accommodate, lowering the safety task interval fixed the issue.