24VDC Fan Cooler wire colouring

usedplcs

HI All,

I have a cooler fan 24VDC. This has a fly lead with 7 cores.
Black, Blue, Brown, White, Green, Yellow, Yellow/Green

I have contacted company but am struggling to get the colour definitions.

Does anyone know if these are standard colours and what the connections should be?

Thanks for any help.

I don't know of any standard that would tell you the functions of each wire.

An old electrican once told me that "green is ground, and the others are multiple-choice questions".

Now if you could find out the brand name and the fan model number, it might be easy to find out what each wire does.

Do you know anything else about the Fan? Does it have multiple speeds? Does it have indicator LEDS or lights?

Best guess, and no I wouldn' try this myself without verifying it:

Brown = +24V
Blue = 0V
Green/Yellow = Ground

The rest...well, must be something else going on in that fan.

You should at least be able to identify the motor leads with an ohm meter.

Same Old Phenomenon: Guess What my Question is About?

I have contacted the company, but am struggling to get the colour definitions.
So you know the name of the company that made this fan (and probably the model number), but chose not to reveal it on the site that might be visited by someone who has knowledge of this exact fan wiring? Is this a challenge to find out how good are our crystal balls?

This phenomenon happens over and over here. Questioner has problem. Questioner knows intimate details of equipment, brand, model, type of software, program used, and so on. But in his question, he witholds ALL of that pertinent stuff and chooses instead to only reveal the wire colors. After all, all equipment must be the same, whether made by XYZ or ABC. The one thing common to fans across all companies, across continents and oceans, has to be the wire colors, right? There is some secret code that, knowing only the wire colors, the complete workings of the equipment will be magically revealed! 🙃

Last edited:
So you know the name of the company that made this fan (and probably the model number), but chose not to reveal it on the site that might be visited by someone who has knowledge of this exact fan wiring? Is this a challenge to find out how good are our crystal balls?

This phenomenon happens over and over here. Questioner has problem. Questioner knows intimate details of equipment, brand, model, type of software, program used, and so on. But in his question, he witholds ALL of that pertinent stuff and chooses instead to only reveal the wire colors. After all, all equipment must be the same, whether made by XYZ or ABC. The one thing common to fans across all companies, across continents and oceans, has to be the wire colors, right? There is some secret code that, knowing only the wire colors, the complete workings of the equipment will be magically revealed! 🙃
DETAIL in your question promotes DETAIL in my answer.
👨🏻‍🏫 ................................................ 👨🏻‍🏫
Thanks, you "took the words right out of my mouth".