a chain message:)

Lancie1,

my apology if i have confused you w/ my never ending messages..
for the above posted program, MITSUBISHI was used..the OMRON PLC was used in another application, just got some problem regarding special
auxiliary relay adresses:)

Yes, C10 can be a "word" consisiting of 16 bits, so it can contain a value.

I am looking at Mitsubishi Counters. They consist of an "OUT (C)", where the C means Counter.

OUT (C)
(1) When the operation result of the instructions preceding the OUT instruction
have changed from OFF to ON, 1 is added to the present value (count value).
When the counter has counted out (counted value = set value), the state of the
contact is as indicated below.

NO contact Continuity
NC contact Non-continuity

(2) When the operation result of the instructions preceding the OUT instruction
remain on, counting is not performed. (It is not necessary to convert the count
input into a pulse.)
(3) After the counter has counted out, the count value and the status of contact do
not change until the RST instruction is executed.
(4) If C256 to C1023 are used with the AnA, A2AS, AnU, QCPU-A (A Mode) and
A2USH board, specify set values as described in Section 3.8.3.
(5) A negative number (-32768 to -1) cannot be used as a set value. When the set
value is 0, the same processing as for 1 is performed.
(6) For the counting process of counters, refer to the ACPU Programming Manual
(Fundamentals).

Based on the above, I do not think your example was a Counter. If it is just a "C" memory location, then its value can be set many different ways.​

Last edited:
..the OMRON PLC was used in another application, just got some problem regarding special auxiliary relay adresses
Okay, I will look up the Omron manual. What is your Omron PLC model? They should all have similar special relays, but some modlels will be slightly different.

Last edited:
tnx a lot Lancie1, that was very helpful:)
i hope you could help me wit OMRON special relay..i am researching too:)
It's lunchtime here @ Philippines..Come join us for lunch:)

Does that one use the "CX-Programmer" software program? I have that program and am looking at the manual now.

..but if you could give some examples of its special relay, i would greatly appreciate it..
Erika,

I think the following commands are equal to "special relays" for the Omron.

Program Control Instructions
END (01) End
IL (02) Interlock
ILC (03) Interlock Clear
JME (05) Jump End
JMP (04) Jump
NOP (00) No Operation
STEP (08) Step Define
SNXT (09) Step Start
STOP (99) Run Stop

Error and Diagnostics Instructions
FAL (06) Failure Alarm
FALS (07) Severe Failure Alarm
FPD (--) Failure Point Detect
TRSM (45) Data Tracing

System Control Instructions
ENDW (62) End Wait
SCAN (18) Scan Time
FUN49 (49) Set System
WDT (94) Watchdog Timer Refresh
Block Programming Instructions
BEND <01> Block Program End
BPPS <11> Block Program Pause
BPRG (96) Block Program Begin
BPRS <12> Block Program Restart
CNTW <14> Counter Wait
ELSE <03> Else
EXIT <06> Conditional Block Exit
IEND <04> Block Branching End
IF <02> Block Branching If
LEND <10> Block Loop Control End
LOOP <09> Block Loop Control
RSET <08> Reset
SET <07> Set
TIMW <13> Timer Wait
TMHW <15> High-Speed Timer Wait
WAIT <05> One Scan and Wait
®Property of Omron Corporation 1999-2002 All rights reserved.

I found this about "flags and control bits" which are the special relays I talked about earlier. I cannot find a list of the memory addresses for these (yet!)

Flags and Control Bits
Some data areas contain flags and/or control bits. Flags are bits that are automatically turned ON and OFF to indicate particular operation status. Although some flags can be turned ON and OFF by the user, most flags are read-only; they cannot be controlled directly.
Control bits are bits turned ON and OFF by the user to control specific aspects of operation. Any bit given a name using the word bit rather than the word flag is a control bit, e.g., Restart bits are control bits.
Memory Address Workspace
®Property of Omron Corporation 1999-2002 All rights reserved.

Erika,

In CX-Programmer, if you select "View" from the top menu, then "Symbols", and "Global", you will see a list of flags for use in a program. One is the "P_First_Cycle" which can be used to do something during the first scan of the PLC.

Omron Flags.jpg

'C' refers to a counter in Mitsubishi.(and nothing else)

It is possible to use the counter memory area as a data register without actually using the counting coil.

But why would anyone?

oh, anyway i was going over the program.. ive seen this insruction..

M8002
---//-----------[MOV K10 C10] @ the start of the process a value of
10 is moved to the counter C10..

another rung reads this one..

M54
---//-----------[= C10 K1]---------(M204)
[= C10 K2]-------/
[= C10 K3]-------/
I agree with Goody.

The M8002 bit is an initial pulsed N/O contact that on first scan moves a value of 10(K10) into counter 10(C10). If the sequence of your example is correct then with each comparator, as that instruction becomes true someother action happens farther down in the logic. ie:

M54---//-----------[= C10 K1]---------(M204)

When bit M54 is true and IF C10 has a value of one(K1) stored THEN coil M204 becomes true. For motion that could mean,AS ONLY AN EXAMPLE, that M54 is related to a position switch somewhere and that whatever is triggering the value in C10 has added a count of one(PASS?) and that bit M204 is now allowing another function to be performed in the program.

Hope this helps.

Lancie1,

Tnx alot uv been really very very helpful:)

Goody,

Tnx for the post..I wonder the same, y would the programmer prefer moving integers to a counter instead of using a counter coil..Perhaps, there are some advantages, Im not sure or maybe, he's trying to confuse readers, LOL:)

Craig Avanzar,

"that M54 is related to a position switch somewhere and that whatever is triggering the value in C10 has added a count of one(PASS?) and that bit M204 is now allowing another function to be performed in the program."

Hmm, what do you mean with "C10 has added a count of one"?..i thot the function [=C10 K1] was purely a comparison, comparing value of C10 to 1 then if true M204 will be true..Does it increment?..Do i get what you try to say?..Kindly correct me:)

To all viewers of this thread,

Does anybody know how to compute the length that 1 pulse of servo motor can travel?

considering I have a servo motor 32000 pulses/rev, running @ a frequency 30 KHz, w/ 0.5 degress/step..

i have been trying but i can't seem to get it right..