A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Can anyone tell me if this will run on Maple Systems
OMI5070A-CE? They're based on Windows CE.
The short answer is no, it doesn't work on CE. The main reson is because the advanced graphics require the full .NET framework.

However you can find units with the exact same hardware base as Maple Systems, but with Windows XP Embedded along with .NET preloaded at www.ivcdisplays.com

Archie, I working on the communications with Compact logix now. I have the mapping complete, but my question is, what do you use as the ethernet connection to the HMI? do you set it up as a Panelview? I am not getting any communication between the two currently.

Thank you for your help
Kenneth

Archie, I working on the communications with Compact logix now. I have the mapping complete, but my question is, what do you use as the ethernet connection to the HMI? do you set it up as a Panelview? I am not getting any communication between the two currently.
Kenneth
I'm not really sure what you mean by setting up as a panelview. To use AdvancedHMI with CompactLogix, just add an EthernetIPforCLX to your form, then set the IP Address. You can use the tag names directly, there is no need to do PLC/SLC mapping.

Hi archie... i need your help... i am doing a project to my university and i want to use advancedHMI to comunicate my pc with a PLC-5/40C via DF1... y read the driver code and it does not appear this PLC... only SLC and ML... this anyway can help me in my project???

i am doing a project to my university and i want to use advancedHMI to comunicate my pc with a PLC-5/40C via DF1... I read the driver code and it does not appear this PLC... only SLC and ML... this anyway can help me in my project???
The current driver does not support PLC5 because it uses different PCCC commands than the SLC and Micro series. I have been trying to get time and access to a PLC5 to fix that, but not sure when that will be.

Someone had sent me some code modifications they made to get it to work with their PLC5. I have not tested and not sure which processors the code modifications work with. If you private message me an email address I can send you the changes I was given.

Hi Archie,
I am doing some test with a Allen Bradley Micrologix 1400 PLC. I can Read/Write B3, N7 files and probably all other. I will do a test for all shortly. For ST9 strings when I tried to enter default keypad popup is numeric only. Could you tell me if is any alphanumeric version around? Also I managed to use UploadProgramData of EthernetIPforSLCMicroComm driver but result is not compatible with any software I know. Could you please give me some details of text file format or some links where to find information about RSS format of RSlogix 500. Thanks

For ST9 strings when I tried to enter default keypad popup is numeric only. Could you tell me if is any alphanumeric version around?
I will make a note of it and see if I can make an alphanumeric keyboard option in the next release
Also I managed to use UploadProgramData of EthernetIPforSLCMicroComm driver but result is not compatible with any software I know. Could you please give me some details of text file format or some links where to find information about RSS format of RSlogix 500.
I'm sure the RSS file is a proprietary format that would be very difficult to find any information on.

The data from the UploadProgram function is basically a snapshot of all of the memory inside the PLC. The information contains things such as file number, file type, and data. The UploadProgram and DownloadProgram are useful for such things as saving a backup of the PLC memory for easy restoration without the need for RSLogix. You can have the HMI periodically upload the program and save it, so in case of memory loss or processor swap, a button on the HMI can restore the program.

I also find it useful for sending updates to customers that do not have RSLogix. From a PLC with the same hardware, I can download the program using RSLogix. Then use AdvancedHMI to upload it to a text file. Send the text file along with a simple download utility to the customer. With a simple null modem cable and the single click of a button, they can update the program.

This make perfect sense. I was trying to understand what is in resulting text file, but as you said is no need.
I tried to upload from PLC, load a different one from RSLogix and then download old one using AdvancedHMI and is working perfect on ML1400.
Thanks

Archie, I finally got it working with the Compactlogix. Quick question though, is there a way to use program based tags, instead of the controller based tags? that was where my problem was. i know with Panelview you had to tell exactly where it was , controller-program-tag, where as, if its a controller tag, you just need to write the tag name in. does this work the same way?

Thank you for all the help.
Kenneth

Has anybody been able to work this software with RSLogix 5000 ?

Edit:
RsLogix 5000 is not supported :( Any chance it could be supported in the future ?

Last edited:
Has anybody been able to work this software with RSLogix 5000 ?

Edit:
RsLogix 5000 is not supported :( Any chance it could be supported in the future ?

What do you mean? RSLogix5000 is a software package for programming Logix based hardware (ControlLogix/CompactLogix).

AdvancedHMI will work with ControlLogix/CompactLogix hardware.

No worries. Yep it's supported. I used it with a compactlogix this morning. If you have specific questions about it, post them here.

Archie, I finally got it working with the Compactlogix. Quick question though, is there a way to use program based tags, instead of the controller based tags? that was where my problem was. i know with Panelview you had to tell exactly where it was , controller-program-tag, where as, if its a controller tag, you just need to write the tag name in. does this work the same way?

Thank you for all the help.
Kenneth
I have played with this.

I don't have my test program with me right now, but if I remember correctly, the format you use is program name:tagname.

If that is not it, it is a variation of that. Sorry I can't be more specific, I just don't have my test file with me at the moment.

Yes, this version supports ControlLogix and CompactLogix. It also allows up to 10 instances of the same driver type to read/write multiple PLCs.

So, I can connect 10 PLCs using RS232 / DF1 driver and
10 PLCs using Ethernet/IP for ControlLogix/CompactLogix to a maximum of 20 Controllogix PLCs ?

Is this correct or have I misunderstood and I can connect a higher number of PLCs ?

Simply speaking, what is the maximum number of PLCs that can talk at once ?

My company uses around 30 controllogix and we can only use advanced HMI if we can monitor all of them together.

Last edited: