A Philosophical Question - Password Protection

reply to my last post

I read all the threads on MAKO 8000 and they suggest that I contact Dusty Rhoads at Instrucon. And I already did this a year ago. Is there anybody that has these old DOS prrograms?

Greg Dake said:
In the case of Rockwell Software, one could install RSLadder on an HMI if available. This would provide a portal to the end user for some troubleshooting capability. Curious to hear if anyone has done this and how it's worked out...

Greg

Greg,

I've done several systems where I included a maintenance page with RSLadder imbedded. While in theory, it sounds like a helpful tool, I honestly don't think the technicians have ever used it. They are more apt to connect the laptop and use RSLogix. In my more recent apps, I've included more troubleshooting aids in the form of status words/bits of all I/O points, links to manuals, and active flow charts showing the current process state.