AB 1400 1766-l32bwa

A note if you don't have that attachment handy: A-B's usual default for onboard low-pass filtering is 8 milliseconds or 60 Hz.

This is of course to provide tolerance of the most common induced noise in North America, from 60 Hz AC power circuits.

Because the default filter isn't zero, it's common to set up an encoder application then wonder why it only works at very low speeds. I've definitely done that.

Yes, I set up a high speed counter and did not receive any count on default but could see my input going high/low. I found the quick start guide and was off and running.

Thank you

Last edited:
Would it be best practice to keep the filter as high as i can with proper performance to avoid noise or should i just set to 5 micro-seconds?
it is unaffected by noise right now and running fine.