AB DH485 network onto Ethernet ?

DataLink

I am currently using a Lantronix DH-485 to ethernet convert to do exactly what the poster is asking, and it's working like a charm. Has been for about 8 weeks

In fact you are using DataLink Technologies product which incorporates
Lantronix embedded system. Lantronix as such has no solution for
DH-485 to Ethernet interfacing.
DataLink is the only Company out there with the DH-485 to Ethernet
product. Now whether this product is legal or not is another question.
I would say that AB may let this one go for a while since they don't offer a solution themselves.

Tis True

Hello Jiri,

You're right of course, it is a DataLink product, not a Lantronik device. At least I didn't call it Equisstek...

Results stand tho', she works like a charm. As for legality, I can only say "must be", because otherwise AB would have killed them by now. They're not exactly keeping a low profile.

In fact, I showed this device to two AB vendors, both of whom expressed immediate interest in buying some units. They said they had legacy systems at other plants that could benefit, and it was too bad AB didn't make something similiar.

Note to the AB Boys - there's an honest-to-Zod business opportunity here. I liked the Datalink, but hooking into my NET-ENI was one heck of alot simpler, and I'd have entertained an AB device first. Something to consider...

TM

The Lantronix option works very well just be sure to purchase the correct version that is compatable with the AB network