AB SLC 500 Comm

yes you can, but you may not be able to connect through the DF1 port (9-pin d-shell) depending on how you have it configured. Depending on what processor you are using you can connect through the DH+ (5/04) port, dh485 port (5/03, 5/02) or ethernet if the processor is a 5/05.

Thanks for your reply. I am very much used to DCS systems but know very little about PLC's. I have found that the DH+ Port may not be set to match my Laptop. I will find out tomorrow I hope

Thank you for your help.

selftaut said:
If I have a printer connected to the 9 pin connector can I still talk to the processor with a Laptop?

selftaut said:
Thanks for your reply. I am very much used to DCS systems but know very little about PLC's. I have found that the DH+ Port may not be set to match my Laptop. I will find out tomorrow I hope

Thank you for your help.

To connect to the DH+ port from your laptop you will need a PCMK card and the correct cable.