AB SLC 500 Fault Code 0001h

Yes, and don't forget the Ethernet RJ-45 jack v DH-485 RJ-45 jack mess, like on the SLC 5/03. Poof, magic smoke.

I was over your way the weekend, out in Bearna. Stayed in the Twelve Hotel, very nice. Weather was sublime. Walked the promenade at Salthill in the sunshine. What more could you want for?

EDIT: €1600, that's a bargain!

G.

I do head there for lunch the odd time, nice spot, plenty of awards.
Hope ya got into town for a few:beer:
What is the mess with the cables?
Is it using ethernet cables is the problem?

Yeah, food was very nice. I got into the city on Saturday night. Went to an Italian and then into the Spanish Arch to catch Riff Raff. Great cover band. I always try to see them when I visit Galway.

While the same RJ-45 jack plug standard is used for both Ethernet and DH-485 networking, the electrical signals are, well, not good friends, shall we say?

EDIT: I gotta go my friend!

My son has an under 10's GAA match at 7pm.

G.

I got ya, so if i stupidly decide to plug my ethernet port into the DH-485, the 485 will win the battle :-D

A mention of the above for good measure...

49839 - SLC 5/01, 5/02, 5/03 :
Protocol and Communication cable
Access Level: TechConnect

G.

I had an error like this in the past. I found that it was a power supply problem. In my case the power supply was not secured to the backplane and had vibrated loose. I was able to re seat it and secure the screws and the error went away.