1 D2-ANLG-M DL205 ANALOG I/O USER MANUAL
1 H2-ECOM 10BASE-T ETHERNET 205 NETWORK MODULE
1 H2-CTRIO 205 HIGH SPEED COUNTER INTERFACE MODULE
1 HX-CTRIO-M HIGH SPEED COUNTER INTERFACE MANUAL
1 D2-INST-M DL205 INSTALLATION & I/O MANUAL
1 PC-PGMSW DIRECTSOFT PROGRAMMING S/W F ALL DL PLCS 32B
1 D2-DSCBL PC PGMING CABLE DL05/06 DL105 205 350 450

Total $4,238.00

Plus new cable from HMI to PLC (home made or from E-terminals)
Also must verify if CTRIO will work with Mitsu drive.

Contr_Conn said:
What about D2-CM module? I don't see it mentioned here, but the manual said "must be in the extension rack in the processor slot"?

That is correct. I missed that. You will need one in the "CPU" slot of the second rack.

Here is module layout:

RACK 1:
0 CPU
1 Ethernet
2 Motion
3 Analog input
4 Analog Input
5 Analog Out
6 Analog Out
7 Analog Out
8 Spare

Rack 2:
0 D2-CM
1 AC In
2 AC In
3 Spare
4 AC Out
5 AC Out
6 AC Out
7 AC Out
8 spare

Motion Module - still quetionable if it can control Mitsu drive

elevmike said:
Which module? maybe H2-Ctrio? Which drive?

Yes, Motion module H2-CTRIO - see few posts above or any other sutable from A-D

Servo Drive Mitsubishi MR-J2S-500A : he bought it from my old company to work with Mitsubishi FX2N-1PG-E pulse control module.
Motor HC-SFS502K

As far as I remember drive takes forward and reverse pulse commands from the pulse module.

Drive closes position and speed loops internally.
I think but not sure it also has +/- 10V command input and can provide incremental encoder FB to the motion controller (not used with Mitsu setup).

Drive will be used to feed material into the machine.
Speed and index values should be adjustable, also needs JOG+ and JOG-.

It looks to me as if the H2-Ctrio is good for your providing a reference for the drive. However if you want to possably save $200.00 check your drive manual and compair it with the specs in the D2-Ctrio module (5v outputs).

I disagree with testsubject..again..(he.he.)..I'd get the FULL version of DirectSoft. The extra $300.00 expense might pay off in the long run if you ever get a chance at using another AD PLC product. There's never too many wepons in the war chest. This will also allow you to download and use many more example programs from AD's website, wich can be a big time saver & shorten the learning curve.

Additionally you can downlaod any manual for any AD product, (you likely already knew that). But I prefer the printed versions by far.

Have fun, Mike

elevmike said:
It looks to me as if the H2-Ctrio is good for your providing a reference for the drive. However if you want to possably save $200.00 check your drive manual and compair it with the specs in the D2-Ctrio module (5v outputs).

I assume that you are talking about D2-CTRINT module. I saw it and functionality looks good. I don't have a full manual for a drive, so My buddy will be calling A-D to find out exactly if it will work.

Additionally you can downlaod any manual for any AD product, (you likely already knew that). But I prefer the printed versions by far.
Printed manuals much easy to use during setup IMHO, PDFs are handy for quick refence. Will be buing all printed manuals.

elevmike said:
I disagree with testsubject..again..(he.he.)..I'd get the FULL version of DirectSoft. The extra $300.00 expense might pay off in the long run if you ever get a chance at using another AD PLC product. There's never too many wepons in the war chest. This will also allow you to download and use many more example programs from AD's website, wich can be a big time saver & shorten the learning curve.

That is all good. I have been using AD exclusively for about 7 years now and have never built a system with a 305 or a 405 processor. I was unsure of what budget he had (this was posted before he stated he had none)

Contr_Conn said:
I assume that you are talking about D2-CTRINT module. I saw it and functionality looks good. I don't have a full manual for a drive, so My buddy will be calling A-D to find out exactly if it will work.

Opps..You mentioned that the drive input takes a 10V pulse. The D2-CTRINT has 5 volt max outputs. However the Host H2-CTRIO can provide a 5-30vdc output.

Contr_Conn said:
Printed manuals much easy to use during setup IMHO, PDFs are handy for quick refence. Will be buing all printed manuals.
I just mentioned this so that you can check on all the dirty details before buying the products. Things like the D2-CTRINT can only reside in the slot next to the CPU.....and the voltage input/output ratings etc...

Opps..You mentioned that the drive input takes a 10V pulse. The D2-CTRINT has 5 volt max outputs. However the Host H2-CTRIO can provide a 5-30vdc output.
Not exactly, drive has 24V pulse input and +/-10V analog
In any case H2-CTRIO is a primary target.
My buddy will be calling A-D tomorrow to verify.

What are other slot limitations? Ethernet module location?

Thanks!

E-net can go anywhere I beleave...

What you can do is fill out a shopping cart, then get a quote. The website will save the quote then you can pull it up and massage it later, or place your order. From the quote you can click on the part number and get the specifications on that component, and print it out. Then you can go throgh the specs and make choices/decisions from there.

elevmike said:
E-net can go anywhere I beleave...

What you can do is fill out a shopping cart, then get a quote. The website will save the quote then you can pull it up and massage it later, or place your order. From the quote you can click on the part number and get the specifications on that component, and print it out. Then you can go throgh the specs and make choices/decisions from there.

Thanks for a tip, I saved shopping card and emailed it to my friend.
He will be contacting A-D tomorrow. I will try to stay away from this project for some political reasons :).

I also invited him to this forum to ask questions directly - this thread is a good example of how to get good advice fast!
I am sure he will be back as soon as he buys this PLC.

Thanks everyone!

Contr_Conn said:
I will try to stay away from this project for some political reasons.

Ive got a feeling your friend might be in for a rough time on the programming end of things...I wish him lots of luck with the many late nights to come...

elevmike said:
Ive got a feeling your friend might be in for a rough time on the programming end of things...I wish him lots of luck with the many late nights to come...

Really I did majority of programming for PLC and HMI for an identical Mitsubishi setup 2 years ago.
The biggest difference - he wants to add temperature loops to the PLC vs stand along controllers.

He had some conflicts with local Mitsu vendor and got no help from Mitsu techsupport, so he wants to go with A-D hoping he can directly convert logic I wrote in 2003.

In any case he is on his own now.

Contr_Conn said:
Really I did majority of programming for PLC and HMI for an identical Mitsubishi setup 2 years ago.
The biggest difference - he wants to add temperature loops to the PLC vs stand along controllers.

He had some conflicts with local Mitsu vendor and got no help from Mitsu techsupport, so he wants to go with A-D hoping he can directly convert logic I wrote in 2003.

I got the impression he was new at this....Whew....

Give him my best anyway. I'm sure he'll be happy with AD. Tech support is VERY strong.

Regards...