AIC+/PIC driver

supporter

Hi Experts,

I've a DH485-network that I want to connect RSLINX to. To be able to do so I've a AIC+-module. I will also need to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver.

I've changed so that RSlinx is not running as a service anymore and now it's possible for me to select the driver. However, the driver is stopped. When I restart RSLinx it seems like the driver starts to install (I get on of those "the software you are installing for this hardware has not passed windows logo....."). I press OK and almost directly I get the following error message: Fatal error initializing PIC device driver.

I'm using RSLinx 2.50.00 and the serial port is a "real" serial port.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

//Supporter

I would try uninstalling the driver in RSlinx, then go into your computer's hardware configuration, uninstall the com port that the driver was using. After you've uninstalled it, have windows scan for hardware changes to find the com port again. This should give you a "clean" com port to start with.

Fire up linx and try reinstalling it again. You could have another program hogging the com port, hence the error when RSlinx tries to use it.

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. Tomorrow I'll do some new tests - I'll let you know if your suggestions cured the problem or not.