Attention Europeans: Prevailing PLC Brands

Only with structured text is there any hope of reuse of the code across brands. Even then it is not 100%. Some checking and manual adaptation will be required.

An exception could be the PLC brands that are based on Codesys.
Maybe you can reuse Ladder and FBD across Codesys based brands.

That should work fine, CoDeSys and most brand specific implementations of it have an option to export parts of your program (e.g. function blocks, functions or entire POU's) in a standard codesys format. Other codesys implementations should be able to import the code.

Porting code to a different brand codesys plc can be more work when your code uses brand specific libraries. E.g. when programming ethernet socket communication, serial ports and the like.

Similar Topics

I have heard that in Europe the most common wire number scheme is a unique number for each wire. As opposed to wire numbers based on "Net" that is...
Replies
Views
I have an L7 logix controller. I am trying to communicate with an AB ACS500 with a RETA-01 card ethernet interface. I have downloaded the EDS...
Replies
Views
hello guys Can any one tell me the link or location at Siemens Web Site or any where else from where i can ghett the manuals of Cemat 6.1 or...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, We are using ET200S I/Os which are controlled by S7-317F-PN/DP CPU. One of the modules acts strangely. It is 6ES7138-4DD00-0AB0 and...
Replies
Views
Jesper, Just a quick note to say thank you to you for posting a very useful reference guide in the download section. I had a need today to use...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom