Can't connect via 1756-EBNT

Auto,

What is your IP address of your laptop? Open a shell by selecting: Start > Run > Type "CMD" > OK At the DOS Prompt enter "ipconfig" - without the quotes.

That's in my original post. I used IPCONFIG to verify my IP (192.168.1.3) and subnet (255.255.255.0). Then I set the module to 192.168.1.20 and matching subnet.

Since my last post I have removed all cards from the rack and installed the cpu at slot 3, the ENBT at slot 2, and opened a new project. Still can't drill down to the CPU through the Ethernet connection

Ok, as mentioned....put away RSLogix. Stick with RSLinx. If RSLinx doesn't browse then RSLogix isn't going to work either.

I want to clarify something. When you browse in RSLinx, do not browse using your serial driver. Stick with Ethernet or Ethernet/IP. It almost sounded like you were going through your serial connection and across the backplane to the ethernet model.

Does your computer have any VPN software? I have had issues in the past with VPN software. Even if you aren't actively using it the services could be conflicting.

OG

Automation Spec,

One thing you will learn very quickly is to back-up to the basics.

PLCs are very simple computers. That is why serial connections are often used to communicate.

RSLinx does not like to circle.
Laptop > CPU Serial Port > Back plane > ENBT > Back plane. This final step to the back plane causes trouble.

When working with large ControlNet networks, I have to track which node I have opened. If I loop, RSLinx will show an error. (This just happened yesterday.)

Remember, CLX is hot swappable. Empty your rack. Let's start with just the ENBT. If you have a 4-slot rack, Use RSLinx to show the rack. Once that rack is shown on RSLinx, add a card. (DO NOT power down the rack.) The new card should appear. If you wait 30 sec and RSLinx has not found the new card, click on the "-" to the left of the ENBT. This will collapse tree. Reopening, clicking on the "+", should "refresh" the rack.

MarkN

I noticed in your configuration of the ENBT, you have it forced to 100MB and Full Duplex. Any reason you are not using the Auto settings?

Your driver setting shows the EtherNet/IP driver. Have you tried the standard Ethernet Devices driver?
OG

Last edited: