CAUTION !! Industrial Automation Engineers who dream to work in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arg

I'm not going to fuel the fire here any more but just out of curiosity I have one question.

If an American citizen were to move to India and try to get a job what kind of problems would they expect to run into? Better or worse than the problems you have come across trying to work here?

First of all India is a POWERHOUSE as far as unskilled and skilled manpower is concerned so i dont see this will ever happen in near future.Also surprisingly America considers Pakistan (Ruled by Military Dictatorship) as their BUDDY than Biggest democracy in the world India :) So i think naturally Americans will prefer to work in Pakistan than India. lol

Anyways just kidding !! Indians are famous for their Hospitality throughout the world so i dont think you will run into any major problems.In India Knowledge always gets due respect.Even Indians worship Knowledge Goddess "Saraswati".

If you look in History Indian Maharaja's have always welcomed talented people (Pandits) throughout the world and they have enjoyed special previlages in Indian Kingdoms.So i dont think Indian Government will discard this many centuries old tradition :)

I have also met many foreign engineers from Germany,Japan,South Korea,Singapore who visit India for Business and observed that they get a VIP treatment in India.

Well said Indian_American !

I have also tried to stay out of this thread from a long time but i couldn't anymore :)

Yeah i also had similar experiences in the past here in USA,but would not like to elaborate them in this post.Rightnow i can just say dont give it up man ! Hang on for a while and Dont leave USA untill you earn back each and every penny you lost due to exploitation alongwith interest.Atleast i wont !!

Thanks for starting this thread. I am sure it will help many Indian Engineers in future when they have to make a tough decision whether to cross Indian border or not. Wish you all the best for your future.

Indian_American said:
If you look in History Indian Maharaja's have always welcomed talented people (Pandits) throughout the world and they have enjoyed special previlages in Indian Kingdoms

I use Panduit wire duct. Does that entitle me to any of those 'special privilages'?... ;)

beerchug

-Eric

:site: <--- A friendly reminder that this thread is getting waaaay šŸ¤·

PLCs anyone??

Eric Nelson said:

:site: <--- A friendly reminder that this thread is getting waaaay šŸ¤·

I've been patiently waiting for the flames to start...
Oddly enough this is the most posted on topic ever. Go figure.

And Indian_American thanks for posting similar comments in the jobs wanted/offered section of the site. I always appreciate having to go there and delete improper things. :(

So how about we return to PLC topics... and Indian_American best wishes upon your return to India. Be sure to change your username (I see you already changed your country flag in anticipation of your return) if you decide to post 'PLC related topics' on this forum when you get there.

Enjoy,

Last edited:
Indian-Guest

Too bad you couldn't be a big fish in the big pond and must settle for being a big fish in a small pond.

I agree this is way šŸ¤· so I will exit this thread with;

I as well as many other Americans wish they could be exploited at the tune of a GUARENTEED minimum of 40k. What would your post look like if I or someone else on this forum would move in and take that managers job from you? Kinda like what you have done here while you were being exploited at the tune of a GUARENTEED minimum of 40k. bawling .

Indian, your future is not all roses, disappointment WILL raise its ugly head again. What will you say then?

One other point, I will bet my next years pay that you don't have the knowledge or the ability to run a farm in America. (y)

Roger

White Flag

I thought i started this thread for Indian Automation Engineers who dream to work in USA and never expected any posts from other folks.
Anyway Thanks for your valueable views folks.

OK I am raising a WHITE FLAG cuz i dont want this post to become a reason for Mr.Bush to start bombing India lol.

Thanks Eric for his early intervention and reporting this thread to Administrator,avoiding a nuclear catastrophe between India and America ;)

Thanks Phil for your goodwills and providing a forum for Industrial Automation Engineers throughout the world.Keep the good work up.
ok i will change my name to Truely_Indian for my new posts.

Rogerhollingsworth, Unfortunately Farming is not my area of expertise.

Lets get back to PLCs.

I am curios to know, does anyone here, have a experience in developing customised Windows based applications using visual c++ ? I have developed one such Data logging application for AB SLC series long back.Anyone would like to share the experience ?

God Bless India and America,both great democracies in the World.

Ah my heads aching.

I wonder if anyone's noticed that Indian American originally posted this thread for Indians aspiring for a career in the US, and no such Indian has replied. I am afraid Indian_American your efforts have proved to be abortive.

About your American dream Indian American
"We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified." --Aesop
Indian_American think about it. It looks to me that you can only be happy in India.

And about the 'stupid immigration laws':
"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." --George Bernard Shaw

Now, Indian_American you are being very unreasonable.

We have all made foolish decisions in life, but to come in here and basically say "I failed to 'strike it rich' in America, so don't nobody else bother" is just a waste of breath... --Eric Nelson
I agree, totally. I even made this point myself in an earlier post. But from what I know Indians have been lot more sucessful in Europe than in The US. Inspite of US being more enticing. There must be a reason.

Glaverty, as for an American citizen trying to move in to India. Given the present senario, it could be a nightmare. Also Indian citizenship is perhaps the hardest to acquire. However, it's true that we value our guests a lot and if you are in India you'd always feel at home.
India is a POWERHOUSE as far as unskilled and skilled manpower is concerned so i dont see this will ever happen in near future. --Indian_American
That shoiuld give you an idea as to why is it difficult to immigrate to India. Unemployment is one of the biggest problems here in India.

Now everyone, this looks like one of those arguments with no conclusion; who needs conclusions anyway:
"A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking." --Arthur Block
So let us all now stop behaving like a pig (If you are looking at this as an offence, I am just as offended as you are)
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." --George Bernard Shaw

Well,-
"No problem is so formidable that you can't walk away from it."
--Charles Schulz
I believe its time we should consider walking away.

Last words: "When you have preached more ideals than you follow, it's time to shut up" --Vishal

Sorry Admin

Sorry Admin, i promised not to post anymore on this topic but this toddler forced me for this one. Also i expect this as a LAST POST in this thread.

Vishal looking at your year of birth (1980) i assume that you just graduated and having fun as a toddler in this field.I would say you havent experienced the harsh realities of professional world yet.Its easy to sit in Mumbai and make comments to sound you are a guy with a ATTITUDE.You are getting headche by even just reading this thread so i can guess how much patience you have in it you and even cant imagine what your situation will be if you have to through any of this pain.I am also pretty sure you will start believing that Quotes are just Quotes and they look nice only in books and not in real world.
Gandhi also said "Eye for an Eye makes the world blind" but do you think the Nations in this world stopped fighting and started living in peace ? I dont think So.
I also assume that you are a bachelor and has WHO CARES attitude.
But the senario changes totally when you are married with two kids.
May be this post looks piece of **** to you but i am damn sure i am gonna recieve Thanks note in future from some married indian guy planning to move to USA with wife and kids.
Also Remember Marriage puts many restrictions on your life as well as Career.You have to always think of other half of yourself.It was hard for my wife to give up her job in India and join me in USA as a Housewife.I always feel guilty for forcing her to make this sacrifice,Moving back to India is a Win Win situation for both of us and we can persue our career goals.

I dont care about the views expressed by Americans on this topic cuz they will never understand the pain of Nonimmigrant workers.Also i dont expect any comments from Americans here onwards.Thanks but no thanks !

I hope you are smart enough to read in between the lines and think twice before posting your comments on such a sensitive issue in the future.

I know what u mean Indian_American.
To me it looks like this kid Vishal-s is teaching his father how to **** lol.Vishal Life is not so easy here in USA specially for H1B in Industrial Automation field.
In IT it was a different story alltogether for H1Bs who came here during dot com boom.I know many guys who use to work in Marketing and didnt know a **** about IT,managed to make it to USA by just chanting those Buzzwords in an Interview and enjoyed Salary upto 100k !! But those golden days are gone now so their jobs and most of these guys are struggling to find a decent job even back home in India.

In Industrial Automation H1Bs, life was always tough here since begining and still its the same way.Ok Vishal you think you are a smart A** right ? Here is my challange for you. I give you 1 year.
Can you meet me here in USA within next one year with a job offer from a Good American company (Not Indian Bodyshoppers also i assume they are sponsering your H1B visa) with a decent job profile and Salary more than 50k ?
I doubt you can make it ?? I bet $1000 on it.So start working on it and hope to meet you here in USA within next 1 year.
Also i dont expect you to give me the bull**** like i love india and dont wanna work abroad.I hope you are not a looser.

I am also damn sure no Indian girl will marry you (Assuming you are a Bachelor) with Salary 50k unless you already have a GF and going for a love marriage.Indian girls know 50k sucks in USA.Some of my friends had already gone through this embarrassment.

Wish you all the best !!

This is getting silly.

Okay, I've got a two-**** limit. When your message trips the auto-censor that much, on an off topic thread, then maybe it's time to ask Phil to lock this sucker down and put an end to it.

TM

Im not sure where everyone lives, but I happen to consider 50k pretty good pay. In fact, I make 51K a year, and consider myself well off. If you think thats a lousy salary, you should ask my friend the welder who supports a family of 4 and a wife on 30k a year, in america no less. He doesnt get a gaurenteed 40k a year, and would love to make another 5 bucks an hour. And im not just some punk out of college, ive been doing automation and sys admin work for 9 years now. If you think you are exploited, just ask the mexican migrant worker who is making 11k a year. There is no way that working for 40 to 50 k a year is exploitation.

Excuse me..... SLAVES DO NOT GET PAID ANYTHING dipsh*t!

I am sick of your whining. Tired of reading the p*ssing and moaning that spues from your mouth. You are making me sick to my stomach. First off, you need to realize that not everyone in America is a bunch of richies! I am p*ss poor I only make about 12k a year and I have a wife and 2 kids, but do you hear me whining about it! HELL NO! I hope that with getting my degree, little hard work and dedication that I can make something out of myself. Reading the **** that you write makes me want to say "THE HELL WITH YOU AND YOUR DAMN COUNTRY" Stick it out with your crappy wages here and aquire your Visa or GO HOME! I

Don't read this the wrong way. I am definitly not against immigration, far from it. That is what this country is all about, the land of the free, and you sir in my opinion are free to GO HOME!

Thats all I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.