CCWV9 PV800 Latched Button

PLC Pie Guy

Has anybody used the Latched push button in CCW for the PV 800?
I can not get the Latched buttons to work. I have tried configuring with handshake and without, with indication tag defined and not. Once the project initializes, I can push it once to go from 0 to 1 but pushing i again to back to 0 does not work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

OK they way to make the latched button work is you have a tag for the value and the indication for the button. you need another tag for the handshake. when you press the button, it will turn the value/indication tag on and then it will remain on until the handshake tag is toggled to a value of 1 (assuming you left the latch reset type setting to Non-zero Value).

so essentially you would need two buttons, one to set it and one to reset it, or have it reset by a process being completed in the PLC.

Mike.
That's brilliant, why didn't I think think of that ? No really, I did think of that.
But for some reason I was thinking that I had to use latched . After much experimenting with latched I realized that I had picked the wrong button.
Ugh.
Now that's embarrassing!

I guess I was hoping nobody would suggest that. ;)