Changing Backlight for XBTGT1130

antwan_jacoup

Hi .
Please i want to help in this problem i need to change magelis backlight when alarm appare and i don't kown how i can do it ?

Last edited:
There are 2 internal system tags to control the Backlight...

The help file explains them...

6.7.1 System Variable List

System Variable
Description
Read From/Write To Equipment
System Variable Attribute
_BackLight

A structure variable that turns the target's backlight ON or OFF, through animation (value animation and touch animation), switches (word and script operation), data displays, or scripts. _BackLight contains two integer variables: Control and Status.
Read/Write
Read/Write
_BackLight.Control

Integer variable that turns the backlight ON or OFF. You can also set the backlight to turn OFF automatically after a specified period of inactivity.
  • Control = 0: default value, backlight does nothing
    Control = -1: backlight always ON
    Control = -2: turns backlight OFF. When the panel is touched, backlight turns ON and stays ON. Control remains -2
    Control > 0: turns backlight off after specified number of minutes of inactivity
  • Control any value other than specified above, backlight does nothing
Valid values are 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, and 30 minutes. Other numbers entered are rounded down to the closest valid value. For example, 3 is rounded down to 2. 9 is rounded down to 5. Any value greater than 30 will be rounded down to 30 minutes.
_BackLight.Status

Integer variable that shows whether the backlight is ON or OFF.
  • Status = 1: backlight is ON
    Status = 0: backlight is OFF
  • Status > 1: there is an error
Write
Read only

Hope this helps...

Rob

Vijeo_Backlight.jpg

There are 2 internal system tags to control the Backlight...

The help file explains them...

6.7.1 System Variable List

System Variable
Description
Read From/Write To Equipment
System Variable Attribute
_BackLight

A structure variable that turns the target's backlight ON or OFF, through animation (value animation and touch animation), switches (word and script operation), data displays, or scripts. _BackLight contains two integer variables: Control and Status.
Read/Write
Read/Write
_BackLight.Control

Integer variable that turns the backlight ON or OFF. You can also set the backlight to turn OFF automatically after a specified period of inactivity.
  • Control = 0: default value, backlight does nothing
    Control = -1: backlight always ON
    Control = -2: turns backlight OFF. When the panel is touched, backlight turns ON and stays ON. Control remains -2
    Control > 0: turns backlight off after specified number of minutes of inactivity
  • Control any value other than specified above, backlight does nothing
Valid values are 1, 2, 5, 10, 15, and 30 minutes. Other numbers entered are rounded down to the closest valid value. For example, 3 is rounded down to 2. 9 is rounded down to 5. Any value greater than 30 will be rounded down to 30 minutes.
_BackLight.Status

Integer variable that shows whether the backlight is ON or OFF.
  • Status = 1: backlight is ON
    Status = 0: backlight is OFF
  • Status > 1: there is an error
Write
Read only

Hope this helps...

Rob
thanks for your replay but i don't need this i read in Vijeo desinger help the next :
16.5.2 Changing the Backlight Color

You can change its backlight color between amber and red on some target machines. You can use the amber backlight color to indicate normal operating conditions and the red backlight color to indicate an alarm or a critical error on the target machine. See Appendix 5, Hardware Specifications to check if your target supports this feature.
  1. In order to activate the management of the backlight color at run time, select the Target node and display its properties.
  1. In the Backlight Control property, select the checkbox and enter either an integer variable or an integer expression. You can click the ellipsis button to display the Variables List.
At run time, the value of the integer variable or expression defines the backlight color.

Backlight Control value --------------------------Backlight Color
--------0-------------------------------------------- Amber
--------1--------------------------------------------- Red
Any other value ---------------------------------------Red

1. Set up a script, alarm action, or some other method to change the Backlight Control variable's value when an alarm or error occurs.
  2. Also set up a way to reset the value of the Backlight Control variable or expression when the alarm or error is resolved.
I need how i can do this "Set up a script, alarm action, or some other method to change the Backlight Control variable's value when an alarm or error occurs"

Last edited: