Changing Datablock in Siemens S7

arocon

There is a Datablock(say DB5) in the S7 Brock where data come from other system through Kepware. The Datablock is structure with UDT. This DB5 is transfered to other Datablock DB6. I need to change Data block DB5 and i need to spare INT to Word so that external system can send more 2 digital signal. I open the DB5 and tried to change but could not. So I change in UDT and there it is accepted. But when i open DB5 it shows the following alarm :

'There are no parameter and local variable names available because there is a time stamp conflict between the interface of the block and the description of the parameter and local variable'

I was thinking compile the DB5 but i do not see any compile button. Could anyone please tell me what i need to do for changing datablock ?

Thanks

I almost left this post alone then I remembered

you have changed DB5
BUT
you need to acknowledge the area where DB5 is called usually OB1
may also be an FC or FB
that is why the time stamp issue is comming up

I did check and update access in UDT and OB34 where DB5 called. I did not find check and update access in Datablock menu. and whenever i open DB it shows same message.

'There are no parameter and local variable names available because there is a time stamp conflict between the interface of the block and the description of the parameter and local variable'

Thanks.

Your DB has been created using the UDT. Delete the DB and create it again (From Simatic manager, bocks folder: Insert>S7Block>DataBlock and then select "DB of Type" from the drop down list for the type)