Cheers to a class act!

Thank you Ron, most of us who come here to learn from the masters (for free) are surrounded by people that could not tell you what PLC stands for. I love this place and thank you for giving a part of your life to make it what it is.
Joel

In the company of giants

I can't help but be reminded of another Ron who paid it forward as much as Mr. Beaufort. Ron Doran would very often become confused and frustrated by emotional responses thrown his way in the course of attempting to helping others.

Both gentlemen have my respect and admiration for their enormous contributions to this site.

To Ron B. may you find peace. (3647 posts)

R.I.P. Ron Doran (aka: rsdoran 7372 posts)

Ron earned the respect of most of the forum members. Let me just say that there are members here who haven't earned respect (yet). I don't think I need to say any names.

I spoke with Ron by phone yesterday and I don't think he will mind me sharing this. He is not cutting back because the forum tone has changed over the last few months, its mostly because he was finding that he was spending time here that was taking away from his income (I think most of us can appreciate that). I suspect he will still lurk from time to time, just not as much. I for one will miss him.

Other PLC schools are sending their instructors to Ron's courses so they can imitate how he teaches - that's the highest form of flattery and its well deserved.

Lastly, I'll second Norm on Ron Doran as well. Mr. Doran helped hundreds and hundreds (myself included) here and and Mr. PLC and also on his own forum (which Tim has graciously continued to operate). He is missed.