CLX COP Question

scarince

Lifetime Supporting Member
1769-L16ER-BB1B, ver. 24,

I can't figure out why a COP instruction will not work. I'm trying to copy a string array that is in a UDT into another string array.

The UDT is like this:

Name / Type
PartNumber / String
RecipeNumber / DINT

The array is 50 elements long, so it looks like this (I named the tag PartNumber):

PartNumber[0]
PartNumber[0].PartNumber (string)​
PartNumber[0].RecipeNumber (dint)​

etc, up to PartNumber[50]

I'm trying to copy into a regular tag called "View" (defined as string[50])

The COP is:

Source=PartNumber[0].PartNumber
Dest=View[0]
Length=50

The result is that it copies the very first element but no more.

It seems to have something to do with the UDT since this of course works for non-UDT's.

Am I trying to do something that can't be done like this? Should I use a true 2 dimensional array instead of this UDT structure?

Thanks.

B.

I deleted my previous response:

The source and destination must be the same to use with COP

Your View array must be defined as UDT as well

In your case you should be a loop logic or may be FAL

Last edited:
Since the source strings are not an array (the UDT tag is an array) it won't copy as you wish. Look at the FAL instruction to sequence through the UDT array copying each string individually to the target array.