CLX DLR with ETAP-1F??

cardosocea

Hello,

I have an application where I want to make a DLR where part is done in Fibre (using the Flex5000 SFP adapters, ETAP-2F for 1719 IO racks and an EN2TR card.

From other rings, usually you have to go from port 1 to port 2 and vice versa, but that seems to be impossible to do on the ETAP-1F since Port 1 is always Copper and 2 is fibre.

The other doubt I have is where the ETAP is to behave as a copper-fibre converter, which RJ45 would I use? The link port? Or the device port? Sadly, Rockwell documentation isn't very forthocoming on this.

Hello. I have worked with DLR in RJ45 only, but it seems to be possible to mix media for DLR as explained here. My only word of caution is to use the ETAPs as DLR node, because at least the ones that I have (which are very old) support only version 3 of the DLR object. Anyways the Flex5000 are relatively new devices and support DLR supervisor. You can check the version of the DLR object with the ODVA/Molex tools. If it is version 3, then use them as DLR nodes only; this would be my advice.

Last edited:
I was wrong about the revision number of the DLR object but correct in the sense that the revision for the ETAP (Rev 2) is older than the revision for newer devices such as 5069-AENTR/A (Rev 3).

2022-05-09 _ETAP_DLR_Revision.png