CLX dumps program when power lost during trending

Would there be any reason NOT to flash the processor to current firmware?? Weren't some of these kinds of things fixed in recent revs??

I tried the same thing on an L55 I had here. I don't have the 12.23 rev, only 12.24 and newer. Granted I am not running the same project nor am I trending the same tags, but losing power had no effect on the processor memory.

I was only trending one tag, how many were you plotting?

OG

Logix controllers do trending not by sending every value up to the Trend object as fast as they can, but by buffering data inside the controller and sending it up to the trend object.

Running a trend at 2 milliseconds is pretty darn agressive; that's probably faster than the program scan and faster than many I/O modules can react. It also takes up a significant chunk of processor RAM to buffer all that data.

So if a controller was going to have trouble managing it's RAM during powerdown, I would expect that juggling a giant trend buffer would be one of the things that could cause it.

I would recommend upgrading the controller to the newest version of 15.x firmware just because I like many of the editor features that have been added in the past two releases.