CMore scrolling alarms

Dariusincj

I'm trying to figure out the best way to scroll through multiple alarms if multiple alarms are present. I have a CMore connected to a SLC504. I have an integer, lets say N7:100 and this integer is wrote a 0-4, 0 being no alarm, 1-4 being alarm a-d. I'm unsure on how to program N7:100 to switch between alarm 1-4 if more than 1 alarm is present. I thought about using a FIFO but unsure about that as well. Any suggestions?

I use a multi-state text indicator on a background screen so I can have more customization of size/location of the alarm banner on my Cmore products.

The tricky part would just be how long and how you want to cycle through your multiple alarms. It For only 4 alarms it wouldn't take much logic to hold each alarm for a moment before resetting the message hold and allowing the next one to overcome. I usually have about 100 or so alarms/messages, so I just set a priority in my logic (Faults -> Alarms -> Warnings -> Status Messages) and display one at a time with the more important message taking priority.

What you'd want to do is pause or hold the N7:100 for a short time before moving the next fault/alarm message number into the file, so that the Cmore will display the previous message before overwriting it with the next.

I can think of some quick and dirty ways to do it that involves some Latches/Unlatches (or seal ins, if that is your preferred method) and Timers per alarm rung. When checking for Alarm 1, set a latch that will delay Alarm 2 for X time and not allow Alarm 1 to be set again until the end of the checks (or do not set it if Alarm 1 is not true), then Alarm 2 would delay Alarm 3, 3 delays 4, etc. Last alarm check would reset the loop and allow Alarm 1 to be set again. If no alarm is set, the delay time is zero. If the alarm is set, the delay time is what ever your desired alarm display is (2, 3, 4, seconds, etc.)