CompactLogix to Siemens equivalent.

You can always upgrade from BASIC to PRO if the need arises.
And since Siemens TIA software has just released a major version change (V13->V14) it may be several years until the next major version change. In that case the SUS contract isnt a great deal. It is not like with Rockwell that you absolutely have to have a support contract.

The Seimens is very powerful, but as stated above you need to come to the dark side and I have not made the transition myself.
I use (grudgingly) TIA Portal and that grudgingly part is a part of my problems with liking the system.
My little pea brain likes what it already knows better than forging new pathways for the Siemens think.
My pea brain thinks in Modicon Unity Pro, RSlogix, Wonderware, and is challenged by Wincc, TIA, and PCS7.
Close to retirement and new stuff tends to irritate me more than it should, but it is part of life.
Your application seems to be relatively easy, but the extra money spent on moving up to a more powerful processor would not be wasted in future-proofing the system.

For compactlogix comparison this document will get you close but once you get into the controllogix or s7-1500, features are not easily compared. Strengths of one brand may be very weak in the other.
Never mind, I found this info on the FAQ:
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?
If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'.