Compare - Allen Bradley SLC500

JamPat78

Good Morning,

I have been given the task of writing a program for work to count a number of bottles in a moving machine and compare it to a specified number (actual amount of bottles there should be). If there is a missing bottle or to many bottles the machine needs to stop.

There is a programme already running in the machine which i need to work with as there is operating windows which i will need to tie in with.

Could anyone recommend the best way to do this?

At most there is 4 rows of 6 bottles.

I have the mechanical side already fitted and sensors mounted (6 of)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

JamPat78

Greetings JamPat78 ...

welcome to the forum ...

based on your thread title, I'd say that my friend geniusintraining has misunderstood ...

he's given you a link to the larger ControlLogix platform ... the same "Compare" information for your SLC-500 platform would be covered on page 3-1 [Adobe 57/694] of the following manual ...

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

going further ...

I have a hunch (please correct me if I'm wrong) that what you're really asking for is information on how to connect with the processor – and upload/retrieve the existing program – so that you can make modifications to that program ...

if that is indeed your immediate problem, then you'll need to provide us with more detailed information in order to help you with detailed answers ...

just to get you started, you're going to require a working copy of RSLogix500 software ... that's step 1 ... do you have it already working – and do you have a current copy of the processor's program file? ... this will have an RSS extension ... if you can post that file here on the forum, our answers will be much more "on target" ... (you'll have to zip the RSS file before posting it – forum rule) ...

good luck with your project ...

Last edited:
There is a programme already running in the machine which i need to work with as there is operating windows which I will need to tie in with.
Find out where that program came from, and the name of the person or company that wrote it. Then call to see what tips they might give you on making changes.

Most likely, they will advise that any changes voids the warranty (if any), and that they will not be responsible for malfunctions due to customer changes.