Connecting to a SLC 5/03 SLC5/04 on windows 8

shaunbrennan

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, so apologies if this has been asked before. I've also little experience with PLCs, but learning more each day.

I have a question regarding connecting a Windows 8 laptop running with RSLogix 500 to a SLC 5/03 and SLC 5/04 processor.

I have purchased a Allen Bradley 1747-UIC usb to DH485 convertor but understand it is not compatable with Windows 8.

Has anyone encountered a similiar proble and how did you go about solving it.

thanks,

shaun

Even though Rockwell says it's not compatible, I upgraded my Windows 8 laptop & a desktop to Windows 10 (Home on the laptop, Professional on the desktop, both 64 bit) and have not had any problems with RSLogix 5, 500, 5000 or RSLinx - only when I updated to the latest Factory Talk release did I encounter any problem, but I uninstalled that & went back to the FT version in the latest RS5000 & no problems since.

No, everything worked fine in Windows 10, until I installed the Factory Talk 2.74 update - that caused a lot of problems with activation server, manager & RSLinx.