Connection ????

deand

Hellow everyone. I know this is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to plug into the RS232 connection on a AB Panel View and view whats connected on the network?

In general, no. Definitely not with the PanelView Classic, Enhanced, or Standard terminals.

It's not a feature that RA even intended the devices to have, but sometimes you can browse through a PanelView Plus serial port to the connected DH+ or ControlNet network. If you have both a DF1 Full Duplex driver and the network driver configured, the virtual backplane object will accept browse commands and pass them through to the other network.

You can't effectively go online or perform other functions, but sometimes it's possible to browse.

Similar Topics

Hi dear . I have a system with cj1m cpu11 etn. previously NT 5z HMI was connected with plc. recently my old HMI got damaged. I want to replace it...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Im working on a small project on TIA Portal, about establishing a Modbus TCP connection between my ET200SP plc and a socomec...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My ethernet port on my laptop recently broke and I was hoping to just use a usb-c dongle in the mean time to go live on my PLC until I...
Replies
Views
Not a PLC question but I need expert help on this. My FactoryTalk stopped communicating with the server its hosted on. I had an error stating...
Replies
Views
I have to start out by saying I am not a PLC programmer and I have basic programming skills but mainly use software as a troubleshooting tool. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom