Control logix Job posting of sorts..

Looks like Mettler has created the communication software.
On a side note, its cool that Mettler makes a scale you can stant on, but its too bad it wont take a side load.

Another couple of examples of equipment

IPS

bws

24/7

sartor

casi

I've seen checkweighers on food applications and detergent carton and bottle filling lines.

Food systems usually emmploy x-ray systems on canning lines as well to measurs headspace.

OK..heres where i am now...after some good reading..(thanks guys for all the links) i have arranged a meeting with the big chease..i am going to beg for the money for the redlion product..i am not going to go with the base model but with the more expensive one with web page and SCADA. From my reading and a brief chat with tech support it seems i can connect all my control logix and compact logix processors to the network..

Now for question 1. can i also put my Modicon Quantum processors on the same network so the Red Lion can get some info from them..

and

2. If they are on the same network can i get some info from say the Modicon processor and pass that info to the control logix Via the Redlion??

I am hoping the answer will be yes becouse it will be a HUGE selling point and make lives much easier on a project that is being discussed right now...

Once i have the meeting and get the approval/ disaproval i will take the first step!

Thanks a lot..i have already learned a thing a two!

D

Last edited:
Yes (assuming the Modicons will be using Modbus TCP), we will be able to read data from the Modicons, and pass it to the PLC. We have a few drivers that will work, and which one to use will depend on how you want the PLC to 'see' the data from the Modicon. If you want the Modicon(s) to look like I/O to the PLC, then you can use the Ethernet IP driver. If you just want to dump values from the Modicon(s) to the PLC, then you can use the Native Tags via L5K driver.

Regards,
Dan

OK..looks like i am getting somewhere..they hve approved the red lion DSP..so i placedd the order today...now do i need any other software/hardware to get the info from the plc to an Excell spreadsheet??

Ok..Got the Unit. I must admit i am impressed..

However a couple of things.
The majority of what this is going to be used for is the logs. I am looking to pull the logs from the web browser.. No problem..i have the info that i need, however i am looking for some advice on the layout
Here is a sample

Noname1.jpg

As you can see it looks bad!

I cannot get the date to appear..i would also like to get the time from the PLC on the page..as you can see i have done it but it doesent look good at all. My stop time is in an array 7 intergers long starting at (stopped_time[0]). The same applies with my start time..

I know i am missing something here..just trying to get familiar with the software.

Any pointers?

Thanks

The date, is that just an issue to increase the size of the column in Excel to make it visible? Or maybe I am thinking of something else.

Just a thought, not sure if I understand it correctly.

Thanks!

smohamed said:
The date, is that just an issue to increase the size of the column in Excel to make it visible? Or maybe I am thinking of something else.

Just a thought, not sure if I understand it correctly.

Thanks!

Oh my word...do i ever feel stupid now!

yep...increasing the size of the column gets the date.....

So you have 7 integers, each being a portion of time and you want to log it in hh:mm:ss and MM//DD//YYYY?

I have attached an example file (just rename it as a .cd2 file) that takes your time variables and converts them to a string. You can then log that string. I used programs that accept arguments and return a value so you only need the 2 programs no matter how many of these items you need.

Regards,
Dan

You need to rename the file, I was busy so I renamed it instead of actually zipping the file.

I have zipped the real file now.

Regards,
Dan

DanYost said:
You need to rename the file, I was busy so I renamed it instead of actually zipping the file....

I was busy so I did not read the first post :D

and thanks!