Control Panel Pictures: Not So Good

Looks like a problem one can solve the same way one solves the problem of an overheating computer:

Add more fans.

Looks like a problem one can solve the same way one solves the problem of an overheating computer:

Add more fans.

And a sensor to track the enclosure temperature so that if a fan fails an alarm can be sent that the fan needs to be replaced. (Been there, done that)

Heres one I found the other day, I think the techs think they are saving time by just plugging cordset wires in and walking away when doing a replacement.....and no need to replace duct covers, or zipties that were cut...etc....etc.

-Dave

Heres one I found the other day, I think the techs think they are saving time by just plugging cordset wires in and walking away when doing a replacement.....and no need to replace duct covers, or zipties that were cut...etc....etc.

-Dave

Take the simple approach> Fire a couple of the worst offenders and the rest will shape up. Works well for me.

Recently received a brand new small machine into the shop. The main panel was quite neat and clean, but when I opened the consolet for the operator control panel, I found this mess. Someone doesn't seem to take pride in their work... :(

On a related note, I want to backup the program in this PV C600 (2711C-T6M). Can I use a standard USB-A to mini-B cable, or is the 2711C-CBL-UU02 'special'?

🍻

-Eric

MessyHMI.jpg

Take the simple approach> Fire a couple of the worst offenders and the rest will shape up. Works well for me.
In my corner of the world these types of techs are called "Fitters" and they are usually to dumb to read the drawing or look at the wire numbers, so they follow the cable, pulling off all the trunking lid.

I really like the firing idea!

Recently received a brand new small machine into the shop. The main panel was quite neat and clean, but when I opened the consolet for the operator control panel, I found this mess. Someone doesn't seem to take pride in their work... :(

On a related note, I want to backup the program in this PV C600 (2711C-T6M). Can I use a standard USB-A to mini-B cable, or is the 2711C-CBL-UU02 'special'?

🍻

-Eric

I find it hard to believe that the kit left the workshop like this, i would not accept it. One can understand panels that have been maintained for 10+ years.

here is one that is only 3-3.5 years old. all the wire mold covers are just to the right of the cabinet. all of them are there. just nobody bothers to care. each guy that goes there just does something "quickly" but in the end it all adds up to a big old mess. plus this skid compared to another companies skid. this skid uses print numbers for wires, and the prints are nowhere to be found. the competition skid(IMHO way better) has the device tags for wire labels. so i can look at wires without looking at the prints which are usually missing and know which wire goes to which device already.

PolySkidPrototype.jpg

Watched the picture from Eric for long time, trying to understand what's so wrong with this console and where is the mess. Still don't understand.
All wires are labeled and this is not a terminal box.
If my subordinate technician started "improving" this, he would be immediately given more useful work to do.