Control valve positioning,using potentiometer

neilgarfield

Hi folks
I would like to know, if there is an inexpensive method to contol an analog valve using a potentiometer and some kind of basic 4-20ma current generator.

With or without the use of a PLC?

You have everything that most don't already, as it would seem.
If you have the Analog Valve....which is usually the most expensive.....you can directly wire a PS with the rated output through the POT to the incoming 4-20mA input of the valve.

This is NOT normally the way you would accomplish a normal controlled sequence of an analog valve. Use one of the many profile controllers on the market....FESTO, HyDraulik-Ring, Parker...the list goes on.....

You need to be more descriptive about what you are attempting to do in order to make a real-life reccommendation.