converted a program for a L32E to L33ER help

Hi

Mind maze , now that brings me back.
Not having a cd rom !!!
Programs coming on a cd rom !!
A spare slot where you could add a cd rom not that really takes me back
It would be just beside the built in floppy drive or beside your modem ( to allow you connect to that thing called the Internet) if I remember correct

Donnchadh

Hi has anyone got a step by step manual on how to update the firmware on a 1734-aent ? Going to do tomorrow thanks stu

Hi stu

I don't have a step by step guide but I have somethings I always do

Don't use control flash unless your laptop is plugged into a mains supply
As if you lose battery power during flashing your unit will be a brick

I also keep moving the mouse so the laptop does not go to sleep mode

If you are not on the192.168.1.xx network you will also need boo tip to set the IP address in your unit

Control flash is a very easy software to use

Donnchadh

Hi has anyone got a step by step manual on how to update the firmware on a 1734-aent ? Going to do tomorrow thanks stu

First, obtain the firmware from the download section of Rockwell's site. Second is optional, but I always have a dumb switch on my desk with nothing but my laptop and the object plugged into it. Open control flash. Find the firmware that was downloaded and push to the object.
profit

Here's the Quick Start Manual for ControlFlash...

ControlFlash Quick Start Manual - Publication 1756-UM105

Go here to get the latest firmware for your adapter...

http://compatibility.rockwellautoma...oad.aspx?famID=4&Keyword=Controller&crumb=112

Type in 1734-AENT in the "Product Search" field.

If you have a Series A then the latest available is revision 3.012.

If you have a Series B then the latest available is revision 5.012.

If you don't have the latest Add On Profile for these adapters then it's available for selection with the firmware download.

Install ControlFlash from the downloaded zip file.

The adapter must be inactive when you flash it. i.e. not connected to a running a controller. I do not recommend using anything between your computer and the adapter. Remove the adapter from the network and use a crossover Ethernet cable to your computer.

If you have any questions about ControlFlash before proceeding then let us know.

Once it's flashed, you'll need to set your IP address...

46248 - 1734 Point I/O Ethernet Adapter IP Address Configuration
Access Level: Everyone

Again, any question fire away.

Regards,
George