Counter that discards inputs after set time

I think I understand what you are trying to do a little better. Lets just use 10 minute has our time.
Where did you get 10 minutes? I believe 10 seconds would be closer to the desired range.

Lancie1,

I was just exaggerating the time sequence for my thought process. He said X seconds... it could have been 600, or 30. I was just trying to wrap my head around it, and for some I choose 10 minutes as a starting point.

Edit1: Also when I was tracing through my logic I was using a push button for the input and I couldn't see myself pushing the button that fast.

I would like to detect how many times a button is pressed in the last x seconds. If it is pressed, say 10 times, the output will be true. But any true inputs older than x seconds are not included in the count.
Here is an RSLogix (LogixPro Simulator) version that keeps the OUTPUT on if there first were 10 BUTTON V presses within 10 seconds, and the last press has been within 10 seconds. Once the OUTPUT is on, if the button is pressed again before 10 seconds, then the OUTPUT stays on.

If not, the output goes off. To turn it on again, there must be 10 presses within 10 seconds.

In the attached picture, it has been only 4.5 seconds after the last button press, therefore the OUTPUT is still on. Once the timer hits 100 (10 seconds) the output will go off.

NICK'S COUNTER THAT DISCARDS INPUTS AFTER 10 SECONDS.jpg

Last edited: