Crimson 3.0?

Elcan,

Do you mean RSLogix 5000 tags? If so, it's just a few clicks to get all of your tags names into C2. I don't want to sell you too hard here. I can shoot you a short app note if you're interested.

Thanks
Jesse

Jesse,
I mean RSLogix 500, not 5000. I installed Crimson and I haven't been able to import from the csv tag file generated from RSLogix 500.
By the way, I also tried to import a L5K file, and after a very few tag uploadings, the process is aborted.
I have some programming knowledge and I know it's a piece of cake configuring any import format in the code (in particular for something like RSLogix 500), so I don't understand why it is not working. There's a huge community of RSLogix programmers who would make good use of this.

Thank you!

I'm one of the RSLogix programmers, and I import L5k files without any problems at all for our CompactLogix-G3 projects...

It takes a bit more effort, but with the magic of Excel, it's pretty easy to copy and paste your way to a Crimson tag database from a PLC database export CSV file...

Can you email the CSV file you're talking about to [email protected] and I'll have someone have a look? Re L5K, I understand that this feature worked, but if you like, send me an L5K that it causing you problems, and I'll have someone review that, too.

Service with a smile

It is 11:15 pm and Mike is checking up on this thread. That is service I don't care who you are.

I called and asked a question about doing a brand to brand conversion. The reply I got was way better than I had planned for. I was told to send a image and layout addresses and I will help you build one of the screens to get you started. THAT IS SERVICE. You can't beat that.

RL guys and gals thanks for doing what you do.

Not even I have access to beta Crimson 3.0. I teach classes about every 2-3 weeks with Crimson 2.0 and for most of the customers that attend, it is often seen as the most simple and easy HMI programming interface to get up and running quickly. My almost sold-out class on Sept 17th will be my 20th Red Lion HMI class this year.

I'm one of the RSLogix programmers, and I import L5k files without any problems at all for our CompactLogix-G3 projects...

It takes a bit more effort, but with the magic of Excel, it's pretty easy to copy and paste your way to a Crimson tag database from a PLC database export CSV file...

But why don't use the magic of C (or whatever language you use to program Crimson) to implement this feature (import from RSLogix 500)that I think is stated as standard for Crimson 2.0?

I'm attaching a csv file and a L5K file for your review (change the txt extension accordingly).
For the L5K import I followed steps in tech note TNOI139.pdf

I am not talking about tech support. I have heard wonderful reviews about Red Lion's customer service. The only thing I would like to add is a tech forum.

I am not talking about the easy programming. This is good, but not enough. I want better graphics, a better GUI, a functional tag import, more than 256 colors...

Don't blame me!:mad:

It's been more than 2 weeks...and no answers at all.
Are my files OK? Am I doing the wrong procedure to export/import?
I'm a little disappointed...
In addition to that, I don't agree with the "mistery" created around the new Crimson version and the new HMI hardware.

We're on it. You'll hear something Monday, I promise. Re the mystery, I'd rather there was no talk about it at all, but things seem to have a way of leaking out...

Elcan,

1. I have reviewed the L5K file, and the reason we don't create many tags is that most of the tags in there are program tags. we cannot access this type of tag, and we believe them to be incapable of being accessed by third party HMIs. If someone knows anything else that can access them, let me know, and we'll figure out what they're doing that we are not. For what it's worth, the latest build of Crimson should not hang or crash, but will not import any more tags.

2. Dan has hacked your CSV file around so that it can be imported into Crimson. The file is attached. Note that you will have to shorten some of the names, as they are too long for C2 to handle. (We would have done this for you, but it's not always obvious what abbreviations to use for a given application.) To import the file, select either DF1 or DH485, and either make sure the device is named PLC1, or edit the appropriate column in the csv. I have also attached a document explaining the csv format.

3. We shall be adding direct import of CSV files in AB format to our wish list for any forthcoming software releases.

Cheers,

Mike.

Just got a phone call putting me right -- ProFace can now access program tags! I'll get someone on it, figuring out how it's done...