Crimson 3.0?

In logix 5000 UDT = User Data type

It works much like object oriented programming, in that a TYPE of variables can be defined under one group

Thus we can define a type Tank, and define variables that apply to tank.
LEVEL = int
HH = INT
H = INT
L = INT
LL = INT
FILL_VALVE = BOOL
DRAIN_VALVE = BOOL

Thus we can make a variable Tank1 that contains each of the above tags, and can access "Tank1.HH" or "Tank2.fill_valve" without having to define HH and fill_valve for each variable.

Hope this helps... It could be very useful in RSLogix 5000 however is unusable if using a G3

-MUR

In logix 5000 UDT = User Data type

It works much like object oriented programming, in that a TYPE of variables can be defined under one group

Thus we can define a type Tank, and define variables that apply to tank.
LEVEL = int
HH = INT
H = INT
L = INT
LL = INT
FILL_VALVE = BOOL
DRAIN_VALVE = BOOL

Thus we can make a variable Tank1 that contains each of the above tags, and can access "Tank1.HH" or "Tank2.fill_valve" without having to define HH and fill_valve for each variable.

Hope this helps... It could be very useful in RSLogix 5000 however is unusable if using a G3

-MUR

that would definitely be a dealkiller for me. I love UDT's.

Using the L5K driver, we have supported UDTs for quite some time, and with the latest build we now support AOIs as well.

Regards,
Dan

Ok... thanks Dan
I think the last project I did with a Compact Logix, was when the G3 first started supporting them. Didn't realize this had been updated.

-Brian

So... any features list, that you wish to share.... Get us all hungry for the new and improved crimson!!!

-Brian Murray

There will an update posted in the next week or so. We've been doing sales training over the last couple of weeks, and copies are out there in the hands of our reps and sales staff. The next stage will be the Technology Preview Program where we introduce the product to key customers and, of course, to readers of PLCs.net and other people who have contributed to the product. We're in no particular rush, and are concentrating on getting the roll-out right, and making sure our sales and support channels will be able to cope.

are concentrating on getting the roll-out right, and making sure our sales and support channels will be able to cope.

Dan will do just fine, when he comes to work tomorrow lock him in an office :) with his support pc and a phone for incoming calls only :nodi:

just something i ran into the other week:

we had 2 PowerFlex VFD's installed using the Multi-E drive via 22-comm-e

everytime i wanted to re-new the tags i had to remove the drives and the module-defined data, than save the L5K, ... otherwise crimson2.0 would crash when reading the L5K
it was a pain in the royal 🍑

and i am such a fan of the G3's even with only 256 colors.

i also need to say that it was my first project with native tags and i'm already wondering how we did it in the past, it is awesome, ... (except of the problem above), real awesome!!