Crimson 3.0?

For now, the update is going to be the whole msi. Not figured out the patch thing yet, and efforts are going elsewhere.

I just installed the New Crimson and the new interface looks great. I am having a problem extracting existing programs from my G303 unit. The program was created with C2, so I am guessing this is the issue. I also tried to open a C2 program with C3. First I got a message telling me to validate all tags.. No problem..them a I received that message stating “ The file could not be imported.” Is there something wrong with my configuration or will C3 not open .cd2 files?

I updated my version of Crimson 3.0 to version R2 build 176. For some reason when I go to Help - Contents, the User Manual does not open. I then went to where C3 runs in Program Files and do not see a User Manual.pdf there. What happened to it? I was trying to learn Widgets.

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

It should there as c3.pdf under the Manual subdirectory. Try uninstalling and reinstalling if it isn't. If you've had an earlier beta version on there, things can get confused sometimes.

I just installed Crimson 3 also. I tried to open a C2 program with C3. I got the message telling me to validate all tags. I did but received the message “The file could not be imported.” Jeremy Howell has my file and is sending it to his software team to check. Once again, great service form the group at Red Lion.

I just imported a fairly large program into C3 that was previously done in C2. There are two issues here with C3.

1. - Multi-Line Multi-Text boxes are not imported. This program is quite large and the client actually uses the Multi-Line primitive to give very detailed instructions as to machine operation. To quantify this I have 14 screens with 6 to 8 of these primitives per screen. Each Primitive has close to the maximum number of characters and up to 4 lines each. Each of these primitives has at least 14 layers and there are 3 different background colors used in Color animation. To sum this up it is a lot of stuff to re-work. Can you add Multi-Line Multi-Text primitives into the queue?

2.- The C2 programs compiler allowed different type numbers to be manipulated e.g. Tag1(Integer) := Tag2(Float) * 1000;. The math would be done and converted to integer and loaded into the Tag1. C3's compiler sees this as an error requiring the same type on either side of the ":=". Can the Internal conversion be added to the compiler? or will I have to do a lot of additional conversions in the program? This application has ~ 14 programs with this issue.

BTW, the Client with this program buys ~ 20 units at a pop. Jessie, I think you know who I am talking about.

Any help here would be very helpful... The client would really like to Update when your new version of the G310s is out.

Thanks!
Rick Brillhart

Mea culpa on the multi-line multi-text. I had this down as a little used feature. So much for that idea! We've had dozens of people asking for this, so we.'re going to come up with a way to make the added data support multi-line formatting. Re the compiler, I'll put it on the list to make it more tolerant, especially on imported databases.

Thanks... by the way the new GUI is great. This will make the unit much easyer to sell, for that matter, to work with. C2 was such a leap over its predisesor... it looks like C3 will make the same keep over C2.