Ebay automation laptop

I will only go as far as "quite possibly".

I will take that bet.... 100% its pirated software, look at his feed back

I would agree with you but, he has 8 other PC's with the same software that he is selling NOW and over 50 PC's all with AB, Siemens, Omron etc software

https://feedback.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/bisdave1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bisdave1/m.html?_trksid=p3692

And here are 55 other PC's that did not leave him feedback

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bisdave1/m.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

He has sold 100 plus, he needs to spend 27 months in jail just like that other guy

Most likely not legit but I have had students buy these to learn and they worked well.
Ron Beaufort used to say that most of the pirated software was with folks that just wanted something to practice on.
Using stolen software for profit could get you in trouble and rightly so.

, but buying an item from ebay is very unlikely to be illegal.

Unless someone can prove that you knowing buying stolen goods, yes, that's unlikely. However, it's easy for Rockwell to sue for civil damages such as the infamous case where a p*rn outfit sued for damage for people downloading their product. The fun fact was that they intentionally put those out there for download than followed up with a notice of intention to sue. Most people ended up paying because they don't want to get dragged into court for that and end up in the newspaper.

Why in the heck would OP want to involve his work in this is beyond me.

Well, I convinced my boss to order it. I'll let you all know in couple of weeks.

Did you order one?

No idea on pricing for the Rockwell stuff, but there's easily over £6k of Siemens software on there without going too deep into it.
I think AutoCAD Electrical is £4k-5k for a licence too.

Why in the heck would OP want to involve his work in this is beyond me.

And then publicizes it, there are thousands of cases that companies have been sued for using pirated software

Its a matter of time that RA goes after ebay's records for whom that guy has sold laptops to, they may not go after Bubba but they will go after easy money like corporations

RW some years ago told me that even though the company I worked for the license had to be allocated to a person,that person was me not the company, so if I left they should contact RW to transfer the license. not sure that is still the case but there is no way that a laptop full of software is legit at that price. Almost certain that if you were caught using software that was not purchased & licenced to you or by approval of a company that held that licence then it could get very sticky. Who knows now, what code is behind the scenes like tracking where certain licenses are used, The whole internet knows things about you even behind a vpn it appears, if hackers can do it then others can.