Exposed projects and solution process

Well, maybe a chuckle. However, since dandrade's English beats the heck out of my Portugese, I feel it is a little unkind to ridicule.

I had a chance to go to Brazil a few years ago, and my feeble attempts with a few Portugese words and phrases were met with marvelous tolerance and kindness, so I feel obligated to respond in kind!

Dandrade

I hope this will translate better going your direction than your posts did coming my direction.

There are many different types of people that explore this wonderful forum. I am the lead technician at a manufacturing plant in Texas and have been around PLCs for about six years. I have written about a dozen "programs from scratch" and have designed and built eight motor control systems, including the field wiring. I taught myself to program since the person who was supposed to teach me quit the first day of training. I know AB and Omron PLCs only and I admit to knowing more about the programming than the hardware.

Another type of forum member is the person who feeds his children and pays for their college on the money he/she makes by using the talent it takes to work with PLCs. This type of person sweats out the details (I can only imagine how much more than I) of their program since their reputation and maybe someone elses personal well being depend on it.

To give whole programs, no matter how small or complicated, can be a bad habit to get into. For one reason, people work long and hard, weeks and months to write these programs. I'm sure Tom Jenkins and RSDoran don't want to work for free. There are a multitude of reasons companies and individuals don't display their programs in their entirety, but I'm going to give you only one.

My stuff might not be right for your stuff.

I would hate to find out something I did caused any harm to any employee and there's just too much room for someone to copy an already written program and install it, causing any number of negative results.

The true benefit of a forum like this is to draw from people's experience on certain programming points or hardware issues. It is likely assumed that the person posing a question here has "tried everything" to solve his problem, but needs a little help.

I'm not trying to be mean, here. That's just my two bits.

And now; I must away to the other endeavors of my day. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

The end

Obliged the replys, I understand the main messages.

Obliged to what outside, courtesy and to the that they corrected I theirs attitude. :)