FactoryTalk Issue

First things first, it is Rockwell's FTView software, so the first thing on every one of the 7 billion crash and or other problems is to shut the computer down completely, let it stay off for a minute or so, reboot, and try running FTView again AFTER the computer has completely booted up, and BEFORE you launch any other software.

Tried that I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I had no problem last time I used it (which was 2 days ago). I've tried everything I know to do!

If you have a Tech Connect contract you will find a Tech Note describing two possible fixes to this problem.

One method requires downloading a file and running a batch file. The other involves removing RSLinx Enterprise (Not Studio) and deleting some files and folders plus making a registry change.

Here is the link:

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33688/kw/topology

Unfortunately as it requires a Tech Connect contract I cannot post anything more than a link here.

OG