FactoryTalk Screen Navigation

Robot_Man

Is there anyone out there who can help me with what I'm sure is a fairly simple question?

I have successfully developed a single "page" in FactoryView and now need to add further pages and an overview page. The overview page needs to be the first page which comes up on launch. I need to be able to navigate from the overview page to one of the other pages and then back again, repeating this option for my 4 other pages.

A former colleague did this in RSView32 such that we 'moused over' an area and it brought up a dashed square such that when you clicked it took you to that detail page. A 'goto Overview' button took you back.

Many thanks in advance!

A former colleague did this in RSView32 such that we 'moused over' an area and it brought up a dashed square such that when you clicked it took you to that detail page.

This was done by using touch animation. Create an object and then apply touch animation to it. Once you go through one of them it should be fairly simple after that.

Overview' button took you back.

Create a simple momentary push button then double click the button and for press action click the little square with 3 dots next to the press action command window to navigate to the commands that can be used. In this case you would prob. put Display Overview. Overview being the name of your overview screen. I don't have the software on this computer or I would create screen shots to help explain it.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for the quick response. I've created a 'rectangle' on my overview screen such that it is transparent in line and body. This is sized such that it surrounds my graphics representing the detailed screen desired. On mouse-over, a black outline appears and that's theffect I'm looking for.

To return from my detail screen, I tried creating a momentary PB but there was no further options with ... as you described, so I've just created a solid rectangle with a text box overlay Return to Overview and a touch animation on the box. Hopefully this should be okay??

Interestingly, if I switch to 'test display' mode and 'press' the button there is an error in the staus bar "The command Display is ignored when issued from the development environment or an HMI server"

So, have I done something wrong here - I would have expected it to work in 'test display' mode??

Thanks!

The display doesn't work while testing just the page. Test by setting up a client. It is a little button up on the tool bar with a white square with an orange boarder. I am going from memory here so I hope this is helping.

Did you double click the PB and try to configure it?
It would have three command windows.
Press Action.
Repeat Action.
Release Action.

Hi Bob,

Again - thanks for the quick reply. The ... options etc. were not available with momentary PB, but with a straightforward 'button' hey presto! All working now, and tests okay with SE Client.

The pb for 'return' is more elegant than my manufactured button ha-ha.

Have a great weekend!