Factorytalk SE CLient

asterof

I can not remember the hot keys for FT SE Client
Started the client got a grey screen can not shut it down
forgot the hotkeys

I'm not aware of any shutdown hot keys for the SE Client. I go to the Windows Task Manager and end the task when I forget to configure the client correctly.

OG

There is no shutdown, except ALT-F4, or killing the various processes in the task manager.

You should have placed a shutdown application button somewhere on some screen, but since it is FTView, that only works randomly. Most times, you do actually have to kill the process(es) manually.

I use the Windows Key on my keyboard the have acces to the bar at the bottom of my screen. Then I left click the FTView SE Client and close.

Fastest way I found.

I ended up rebooting then found I needed to alt tab because there was an error
window open behind it,
So I need to open the project on a different machine with out using the apa backup
How do I do that
Both installs have a license and I have the complete directory just not sure how to open it as it is not listed in the existing projects

I use the Windows Key on my keyboard the have acces to the bar at the bottom of my screen. Then I left click the FTView SE Client and close.

Fastest way I found.

I promise you, 99% of the time, that doesn't do what you think it does. Yes, the window closes, but no, the CommandCliSrv.exe, DisplayClient.exe, DisplayClientManager.exe, GfxCommandHMIService.exe, SAUserServ.exe, SEGfxVBACli.exe, and a host of other "Client Only" processes are abandoned and don't shut down cleanly.

FTView is trash.

I promise you, 99% of the time, that doesn't do what you think it does. Yes, the window closes, but no, the CommandCliSrv.exe, DisplayClient.exe, DisplayClientManager.exe, GfxCommandHMIService.exe, SAUserServ.exe, SEGfxVBACli.exe, and a host of other "Client Only" processes are abandoned and don't shut down cleanly.

FTView is trash.

Could it be the reason why FTView Sutdio crash sometimes? I didn't note if there's a relation between closing my client and sutdio crashing time to time. (It happening around 1 to 2 times on a 8 hours shift).

If FTView Studio only crashes on you once or twice in 8 hours, consider yourself lucky, but yes, it does crash a lot, especially if running a client on the same PC, or "Testing" displays often. It leaves trash in memory that won't close.

FTView is actually more of a really horrible operating system than application program, as it pretty much takes over your PC.

If FTView Studio only crashes on you once or twice in 8 hours, consider yourself lucky, but yes, it does crash a lot, especially if running a client on the same PC, or "Testing" displays often. It leaves trash in memory that won't close.

FTView is actually more of a really horrible operating system than application program, as it pretty much takes over your PC.

Mine hardly ever "Crashes". Using 8.1.

Sorry about that asterof hahaha ;-)

I don't believe it possible to transfert a HMI from FTView without the application manager. Backup/restore seem to me to be the only option.

But, I hope I'm wrong!