FactoryTalk tag to image

PLCfreak

Hello all,

I got a question regarding assigning a tag to an image in FactoryTalk View Site Edition. I've created 2 images of 1 switch: a) OFF state b) ON state.

When i turn the switch ON i want FactoryTalk to show the ON state variant of the switch. Idem with the OFF state of the switch. Does anyone know where i can assign a tag to my own created image?

Thx in advance,

PLCfreak

right click on the image and go to the visibilty and give the TAG from which this image has to appear..
if tag is tru visible to image
or
vice versa.
Thanks,
Naag.

If the switch is a display only object, then you can use a multistate indicator.

If the switch is intended to be operated by the touchscreen then you can use a pushbutton object.

In either case, on the states tab, you can assign the image toward the bottom under "image settings". Click on the state first, then choose the image for that state, then click on the other state(s) and assign their image. Also be sure to assign the value you want for each of the states. For a bit address, this would be simply 0 and 1.

The tag is then assigned on the connections tab.