Factorytalk view ME creating runtime fails

trappertom

I had read a previous post on here that had the same problem I am having, but there was not a final resolution, I have factorytalk Me v8.2 running on a 64 bit Windows 7 OS, when I try to create a runtime of the project I have open, it will start, and then a red x message will come up, and say was unable to create runtime application, any help will be great, I have been on Rockwell tech connect for 2 days, and have tried everything they suggested, the last thing I did was uninstalled factorytalk, and reinstalled, and the problem is still there, Thank you

Try checking the folder permissions on:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime

"RSView Enterprise" is most likely a different folder name in your case. Make sure either Users, Everyone, or Administrators have Full Access.

Is this when you are trying to create a runtime file to be transfered to a panelview? Or when you are trying to test the application in FTVME station on the PC?

Last edited:
Does the error message have any additional information besides just stating that it failed? An error code or a reference to any particular issue?

Ok, I hope this helps with the troubleshooting a little bit, I pulled up one of my saved applications, and created a runtime in 6.0, it worked, then I created one in 7.0, it worked, but as soon as I tried to create runtime file in 8.0, it did the same thing it has been doing

Since it seems to be related to a revision - have you installed the firmware patches update?

Fairly decent sized file and I have no idea why they make you download ALL of them even if you need one, but it's what it is. Just a thought!

Thanks Blue, I just downloaded the patches, I really though this would be it, but it did not fix the problem, Thank you for all the input, still digging

Does uninstalling the program also delete all the program files? The ones stored in Users>All Users>Public Documents>RSView Enterprise?

If those are left behind, you might be still attempting to create a runtime from a corrupt program file, but honestly it's so rare that I have to uninstall, I have never noticed if those files stay or not.

If you haven't already, you might want to try doing a full backup to an apa, importing the program as a new program, and attempting to make a runtime from the new version just to see if the error travels with it. You could also try to delete the tag files in the HMI folder in your user documents if those files are indeed left behind when you uninstall.

Just spit balling!

I just tried a backup to apa., them I imported it back in under a different name, then tried creating another runtime, and it failed again