FT SE v11 Alarm and Event Historian events deletion.

npham

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working with FT SE v11 and using the 2014 SQL Server Express. I got the database to connect and logging events. The problem I'm having is trying to delete old alarms/events. For testing, I have configured the database size management options to delete events older than 3 days. I have been monitoring for about a week now, but no event gets deleted from the database. I followed the Rockwell website's FactoryTalk ALarms and Events System COnfiguration Guide. Not sure what I'm missing, and if anyone else experienced the same problem?
Please help!

Thanks.

One thing, I don't recall what permissions the user that inserts the events has, but that same user would need whatever permissions to delete old events as well and/or execute stored procedures. Might check that if you aren't using SA (and you really shouldn't be using SA...)