FX5U Label name incorrect

pacak

Hi there!

I'm new to GX Works3 so please bear with me.
So far I've created a new project with an FX5U PLC and tried to add some global labels with input devices.
At the third label (E-STOP_2_OK) when I press the Check button on the Global Label page, the background of the label becomes red.
If I recompile all, I get the following error message:
Label name is incorrect. 'E-STOP_2_OK' is reserved word. Please modify the label name.

Any ideas?

reserved word.JPG

Last edited:
OK. So it looks like GX Works 3 does not like dash in a label.

Attachment is from the GX Works3 Operating Manual, Appendix 2, reserved words, symbols which cannot be used.
I do not see any dash in that list.

Also looks like a label has to be a single word: bla bla not ok, bla_bla is. Could not find this mentioned in the above manual or the FX5 Programming manual (Program Design).

Mitsubushi, this does not begin well!

reserved word 2.JPG

Hi!
Thanks a lot!
I thought about it but could not find the issue date.
It is in the Revision section. Now I have a doc from April 2021: SH(NA)-081215ENG-AD